three

That night I sat through Enid and Wednesday arguing about our halves of the room. My bed was vertical to Wednesdays, that was the only way they would fit in the room together. I didn't like sharing a space with Wednesday. I wasn't allowed to go on my phone and her typing irritated me. I would never tell her that though. It was almost impossible to predict what Wednesday was going to do when she was upset because you couldn't tell. She was dangerous. That is why I loved her so much. Haven't told her that either.

Today we were supposed to be going to fencing for a while. I wasn't very good at fencing that was Wednesday's area of expertise. I was more of hand-to-hand combat. Weems allowed us to have black fencing suites and helmets.

"Do we have to fence?" I sighed staring down at my netted helmet.

"Just stay back." Wednesday sighed pushing the door open. I stayed behind her as she walked across the mat everyone stopping to look at us. I watched as Xavier and Ajax stopped watching us approach. I moved to the side not wanting to get caught in Wednesday's crossfire. I watched one of the student's trips on the mat.

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me." The boy cried out as he tore his helmet off.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach said nodding to Bianca. Of course, she was in here.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck." Bianca sassed glaring down at Rowen. He pushed himself to his feet and stood behind the coach. "Seriously coach, when am I going to get some real competition around here?" Rowan grabbed his glasses from the coach sliding them back over his face. "Anyone else want to challenge me?" I leaned against the column my sword tucked under my arm as I waited for Wednesday to speak up. Everyone who was childish or weak Wednesday would immediately see them as Pugsley. She wouldn't admit it, but it was obvious. She always stuck up for the underdog, but in this case, I think it was also just to put Bianca in her place.

"I do." Bianca turned and finally noticed Wednesday standing right behind her. The girl's gaze traveled over her black suit.

"Oh you must be the psychopath they let in." She smirked. I stepped forward catching her attention as well. "Two! Even better." She laughed.

"You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee," Wednesday said, catching Bianca's attention once more. "Interesting thing about Bees. Pull out their stingers, they drop dead." I smirked at the two. Bianca looked over Wednesday to Xavier, her smile fading.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense," She shifted uncomfortably. Rowan lifted an inhaler to his mouth taking in a puff. "He's not helpless, he's lazy."

"Are we doing this or not?" My cousin said quickly. Her intimidating posture made Bianca uncomfortable and I was living for it. Over the years have come to realize that if you are an outsider, you can make people uncomfortable and suitable easily. Bianca tilted her head as the two got into place on the mat. I saw out of the corner of my eye someone moving close to me.

"En garde." The coach announced as the girls raised their blades. Wednesday was skilled at fencing, but she wasn't as good as her mother. I didn't even want to try because humiliation was one of the few things that could get under my skin so I avoided it as often as possible. The two shuffled back and forth both swiping and stabbing at each other.

"Surprised Weems let someone in mid-term." The boy next to me spoke. I turned my head slightly to see Xavier, he was a lot taller up close. Or I was just a lot shorter than I thought.

"Special circumstances," I told him, looking back towards my cousin as she dropped stabbing Bianca in the chest.

"Point Wednesday." The coach announced. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips. It didn't take long for Bianca to get a hit on Wednesday though. "The score is even." My cousin stood up pulling off her helmet.