thirty-one

It surprisingly didn't take much to convince Weems to go along with our idea. However, I feel like she had an inkling of suspicion about Thornhill or Laurel Gates from the beginning. I will hand it to her though this has to be the best deception I have ever been through. If I weren't pissed that she framed Xavier to keep her little dog safe I would have admired her work a little longer. We snuck into her conservatory without her noticing, but Wednesday let the door shut to let her know. She spun around, and I saw that something was in her hand, but she kept it behind her back.

"Girls," She sputtered. "I thought you would be halfway to Jersey by now."

"I decided I liked it here." I stepped to the side trying to see what she had in her hand. 

"You can drop the act, Laurel. I should have known it was you. Faking your death, securing a job at Nevermore, unlocking a hyde." I feel like Wednesday was giving herself too much credit, but I couldn't argue with her right now. "Typically, I have great admiration for well-executed revenge plots. But yours was a bit extreme, even for my high standards." Thornhill just stared at us. Her confused expression made me want to slam her head into the table. 

"Oh, dear," Thornhill turned. I leaned to the side seeing her put something in her pocket. "Weems was right. You need psychiatric help." She moved a tray of dirt toward the other table.

"I can recommend you to one Laurel." I moved towards the table she was previously standing in front of to see what she had out.

"You can't throw out wild accusations without consequences," Laurel added, I heard the clank of her tray.  She had been making some kind of poison. I saw the same syringe tools that were in the Gates mansion. She did stab me.

"They may be wild, but they're true," Wednesday added. I turned around trying to figure out where she put it. "Tyler told me everything." I looked over my shoulder to see Tyler who was really Weems, walk into the room. He gave a slight nod, as I looked back to Laurel.

"Initially I incorrectly accused Kinbott of using hypnosis to unlock him. But you used plant-derived chemicals, didn't you?" Laurel scoffed trying to play it off.

"Your dad was well organized with keeping tabs on all the outcasts in town," I interrupted. How long would she keep up this act?

"So I assume he told you about the Galpin family secret when you were just a girl. That's why you targeted Tyler. You manipulated him by showing him what his mother truly was. What Tyler didn't realize is that the truth wouldn't free him. It would enslave him to you." Wednesday explained. It was quite sad actually. The hyde is definitely psychotic, but Tyler wasn't always like that. "That was scary at first, so you used the cave and shackles. But eventually, he willingly became your servant."  

"During Tyler's sessions, Kinbott came close to discovering the truth you had Tyler kill her and pin it on Xavier." I stepped forward. Her eyes went to me suddenly, like I was going to attack her. Interesting.

"Ugh. That's enough." She took off her glasses tossing them on the desk behind her. She looked between Wednesday and me. "Tyler, honey, make Mama proud and shut them up. Permanently."

"He's not on your side. He will do anything for me." Wednesday muttered. Maybe she was hoping that Tyler was in there somewhere. 

"Remember what  I told you?" Laurel smiled walking around us to Tyler. Well, Weems. I was so so glad my principal was a shape-shifter. It works out well for situations like this. I tried to keep the smile off my face as she walked right into our trap. "I showed you who you really are." She placed her hands on his face, gently stroking his cheek. I grimaced staring at the women. She was like what 35 or 40? "What they did to your mother, the outcasts made you a monster?" She ran her hands down Tyler's chest.