twenty-eight

I slept in later than usual today. Thought maybe I could live in my dreams a little longer. My dad left this morning. I stayed up late last night picking up our room since Wednesday had to speak with Weems and Thornhill. Thornhill actually stopped by and offered a hand, but I politely kicked her out. I didn't really want to be around people last night. The room looked better. In my opinion. Wednesday didn't like how I put her things so she reorganized. 

Xavier's hoodie was warm as I curled farther into it. I wanted to go see him, but leaving my bed meant seeing people. Worth it. I groaned forcing myself to get dressed in actual clothes instead of pajamas. I kept his hoodie on though and started my journey. It was getting dark outside by now. Which was slightly alarming. I had stayed in bed for almost a whole day without realizing it. 

Yanking the door to his art shed open, I saw he had another painting covered. I wondered what this one was. 

"Branwen." He smiled seeing me in the doorway. I stepped inside closing it behind me.

"Hi." I breathed playing with the cuff on the hoodie. He put down the paintings that he had in his hand moving across the room to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked cupping my face. I couldn't help but smile. Apparently, all I needed was Xavier to fix all my problems. I shook my head.

"Nothing," I smiled. He leaned forward kissing my lips briefly, then my forehead. He moved back pulling out a stool. I guess he wanted me to sit down while he rearranged the shed. Sitting on the stool I glanced around at the drawing of the monster. I didn't get to ask, what they had found out about Xavier. "What is it like?" I asked him. "When you dream about this thing?" 

"Uh," Xavier stood up running a hand through his hair. "It's nightmares. I wake up in a cold sweat, breathless. It is like I am watching from an outside perspective." I just nodded as he spoke. That was a good sign I guess. He wasn't seeing things from the Hyde's perspective at least. 

"And you have no idea why you dream of this thing?" I asked him pulling one of the Hyde drawing off his art test, the creature's large eyes and claws visible through the black background. Is it even possible to have multiple abilities? I would understand if his mother was a Hyde since it is genetic like everything else, but I highly doubted Vincent Thorpe would marry someone who is unstable. I glanced at the journal briefly before it was stolen, so I knew some things.

"No," He shook his head, his hair falling in his face.  He reached back pulling his hair into a bun at the back of his head. 

"When did they start?" I asked him, putting the drawing back on the table. 

"Maybe a week or two before you showed up." He added stepping over all his canvas, moving back towards me. "Are you the monster?" He teased. I smiled pulling him towards me.

"Seeing as Wednesday was with me when I saw it, I would say no." I laughed. 

"Is that my hoodie?" He asked leaning back suddenly trying to recognize it. I licked my lips nodding.

"Yeah, took you a while to notice." I joked pulling the sleeves over my hands. "I can bring it back to your room later tonight if you want." This is probably the first time I have seen him in shock. I reached up closing his mouth for him. His cheeks had a tint of pink on them.

"How can I say no, when you look at me like that.." He smirked. The door to the shed swung open. I turned to see Wednesday walk in. 

"You really need to stay out of my space," Xavier complained, I guess they had an altercation earlier.

"You should take your own advice." She showed a knife. Was that the knife that stabbed Thing? She walked forward stabbing it into his wooden stool near the corner. "You left that in our room. Actually, you left it in Thing. How long have you been seeing Kinbott?" She asked.