twenty

Enid was throwing a surprise party for Wednesday's sixteenth birthday. I told her multiple times that this was a bad idea, but she insisted on trying to throw something for her. So I finally caved and decided that if she was doing this I would help. Because if I didn't I knew this was going to end horribly bad, for them. Wednesday wouldn't care about the party, but she could hurt some of them. I don't think they understand that parties in the Addams family aren't normal parties.

"Did you get the cake?" Enid asked as we made our way to the crypt. Crackstones Crypt. An appropriate place to have her birthday. The burial place of the man responsible for a massive genocide of outcasts several centuries ago. The cake was dark chocolate ad the grim reaper was on top. I had to ask Xavier to specifically make that. Enid asked for a pink balloon thinking it was adorable. Sometimes I feel like Enid forgets who she rooms with. 

"Yeah," Ajax said holding up the box. He stumbled a bit almost throwing it.

"Careful!" Enid yelled at him.

"Sorry." He winced.

"Enid, if you are going to get her, get her now. Although she is doing a seance so be careful." I warned her. The leaves crunched behind me, someone or something was trying to sneak up on me. I stuck my arm out ready to fry whoever it was, but Xavier lifted me off the ground. "Xavier." I yelped. He eventually put my feet back on the ground, but he didn't let go of my waist. 

"Am I late?" He asked resting his head on top of mine. Enid just smirked at me. 

"I am gonna go get her, Branwen get everyone set up okay?" She put pressure on me.

"Got it." I sighed placing my hands over Xavier's arms. I watched her pink outfit disappear from my sight. "Alright." I tapped his arms and he released me finally. The affection he gave me was sweet and I loved it, but in front of everyone isn't really my thing. I opened the crypt doors, the loud creak echoing around the stone. The others turned their flashlights on pointing them inside.

"This is super creepy," Davina muttered A rat ran out, moving toward Yoko and Kent who both screamed.

"Shh!" I stared at the two of them. "You are going to wake the dead." I snapped at the two of them. Yoko just laughed moving farther into the crypt. Ajax set the cake box on one of the steps opening it. He stepped the grim reaper into the top. The pink balloon shining.

"Do you think she will like it?" Kent asked me. I let out a long breath.

"Definitely not." I shook my head. Ajax moved to set the cake on the inside of the door in a hidden nook so Wednesday wouldn't see it. He came back over adjusting his hat and turning off his flashlight. We heard the door open once more, but only barely.

"What is that?" Yoko asked. I moved to the side looking down the corridor.

"No way they are here already?" Ajax shook his head. We heard the sound of something tapping.

"Hello?" Davina called. I took a step closer, but Xavier grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Gonna see what it is," I told him. He sighed but stayed next to me as I moved towards the doors. The others shined their flashlights toward the door, but nothing was there.

"Okay, what the hell," Kent whined. The next thing I saw was something move across the floor fast. The other yelped, but I knew that little form anywhere.

"Thing, why the hell are you trying to scare them?" I sighed placing my hands on my hips. The little hand moved forward, I crouched down allowing him to crawl up my arm and sit on my shoulder.