Part 1

Tw! Death, grief, mental health, eating disorder

     The light faded behind the mountains as we drove. The dirt road leading us onward through the woods seemed much creepier at night. I made sure to stay wary of our surroundings. My back tensed as I felt my brother tap my shoulder. He signaled for me to take my earbuds out. "Should be another 8 hours till we arrive at Nevermore hun," my father said. I stayed silent. "I don't know why your so upset with me y/n. I'm doing what's best for you. Right now what's best is for you to be around other... things like you," he said with much hesitation. He didn't get it did he? "I'm not a thing," I said sharply. He didn't answer. I put my earbuds back in and continued focusing on what was out my window. Ever since mum passed he has no idea what to do with me. Of course she never told him. Seems to be a pattern in this family. Secrets. Lies. The thick trees we had been driving through for hours started to become huge open fields, and the gravel road to pavement. We only found out a few months after she passed. Of course I had to be the one to get it. Not my perfect brother. Adam was so, so perfect. Dad's favorite too. I almost feel jealous. I felt the car slow to a stop. My brother and dad got out, so I stepped out of the car as well. We were in a small parking lot of a gas station. My father looked at me then looked at the ground. Gosh he can't even look at me anymore. "Your brother and I are going inside to use the bathroom, you can come too if you have to go aswell," he said. "No I think I'll just stay in the car," I said quietly. I got back into his old Cadillac and he locked the doors. I opened my phone and checked my notifications. None. Just as I expected. I don't know why I still even check. I did have a Snapchat notification. I checked and it was a notification from memories. A photo from one year ago today. September 1st. I looked so happy. My face. My body. This was all before everything happened. Before I was put in the hospital. Before Mom died. I started looking back through all my old memories. Me with all my old friends, my Grandma, my paintings, my mom. She died in a terrible accident. She was in the woods and some hunters... I was startled by the click of the car being unlocked. My brother and dad got in, they both seemed off. "What?," I asked them. "Nothing," they both said in unison. Of course my mom wasn't just out for a hike, she was in the woods for another reason. Of course it's always some other reason. "Have you eaten yet today?," my dad asked. "Yes," I lied. Two months ago I was hospitalized. Anorexia the doctor said. I stopped eating much after mom died. I just don't have the energy.  "When was the last time you... you know?" Adam asked. "When was the last time I became a hideous flesh eating monster you mean?" I said vehemently. "Y/n," my dad said with a tone that meant I needed to lose the attitude. "Five weeks," I replied. The sun was just peeking out behind the horizon now. I hate the daytime. Daytime means light. Which means people can see me. They can see what I have become. Who I have turned myself into. I'm not saying I prefer my, other, form. I'm just saying that I'm more comfortable in it. "4 hours," my dad said with a yawn. I closed my eyes, and with the motion of the car I fell into a deep slumber.

(659 words)
Sorry that didn't really have much Xavier in it, I just really wanted a chapter to focus on y/n and her backstory! Hope your living it so far! I also promise Xavier will be in the next chapter lol