Part 2

I awoke from a firm shake from my brother. God he's annoying. "Get up, we're stopping at a rest stop so that you can freshen up before we get to your new school," he said. I got out of the car and walked into the rest stop with my bag. I took a quick shower and got dressed.

I folded my old clothes and put them into my bag

I folded my old clothes and put them into my bag. I put on jewelry. I made sure to put on my locket. It was my mothers. It was the only thing they found on her body when she... when she was killed. It is gold. A gold oval with lilac details on the front. I have no photo inside. The old one was ruined. I looked into the mirror to brush through my hair. I hate looking in the mirror. I have to look at my ugly face. I disgust myself. I left the rest stop and got back into my dads car. "Lookin good kiddo," he said happily. Seemed like he was in a better mood today. "Thanks," I said. "Only 25 more minutes till we get to Nevermore," he said. I sighed. 25 more minutes until I move into my new home for 10 months. I watched the town through my window. It was quite bleak. Seemed quiet and dull. Through a patch of trees I saw what I assume to be the school. It looks like a castle. I watch as we break through the trees to see a huge school. Very gray. My dad stops the car and gets out. My brother opens my door and motions for me to get out. "Cmon y/n. Let's go," he said. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag while Adam grabbed my suitcase. I tap my fingers when I'm anxious. You can bet I'm doing that now. We walk through the doors and are greeted by a very tall woman with white hair.

     (Time skip)

     "I can see a very bright future for your daughter Mr. L/n. The woman said. "I'm sure she will fit in great here Ms. Weems," he said. She handed me some papers, my dorm key, a schedule, and my uniform. "You are one of only four new students this year y/n!," Ms. Weems said. "Wow," I said unenthusiastically. "Well why don't you go to your dorm and get settled in while I finish up with your father," she said. "Can we have a minute alone?," my dad asked. She nodded and left the room. He pulled me into a side hug. "I'm gonna miss you y/n," he said tearing up. "I'm gonna miss you too," I lied. Not seeing him would be refreshing. I left the room before he could get more emotional. 56B Ophelia Hall. That's my room. I have a single Ms. Weems had told me. I clicked the stairs up to me room and opened the door. I saw no students thank god. I had to deal with Ms. Weems stares enough during our little meeting.

     I had unpacked all my things and set up my room. I had put in my uniform as well. I hate the blue. I checked the time on my phone, 7:07 PM. According to my schedule I should be at dinner. I walked down the stairs to the dining hall, occasionally passing by students. Over this year I have grown accustomed to the stares. Although, I say that it doesn't bother be, but it does. I walk into the dining hall, and I can feel dozens of eyes on me. I put my earbuds in, and walk to the line of people getting food. Meatloaf. I'm good. I end up tossing out my dinner and I walk over to an empty table with my sketchbook. I start drawing and it doesn't take me long to realized I've drawn my mother. I can't draw anything anymore without it looking like something from my past. "That's beautiful," a deep voice says. I turn to see a tall boy with hazel eyes and long shoulder length brown hair. He's gorgeous. "Thanks," I say quietly. People don't usually talk to me. "You're new right?" he asked. "Yeah, I am," I said avoiding eye contact. He sat down next to me. "I'm Xavier," he said. "Y/n" I replied. "So, you have any friends here?" he asked. "Honestly, no," I said. "Then I'm your first one," he said with a smile. Gosh he's so pretty. "Woah," he said. "What?" I asked intrigued. "Your locket, it's so beautiful," he said. "Oh thanks, it was my mothers," I replied once again quietly. "Xavier!" someone yelled. "Look I have to go, but I'd love to see you again," he said getting up. "Yeah, same," I said smiling. "Meet me at the front gate at 9?" He asked. "Sure!" I said. He walked off and I decided to go back to my room to get ready for this... meeting. As I was walking up the stairs I heard this girl whisper something I couldn't quite catch. Then, the girl she whispered to walked up to me. She had short hair with electric blue eyes that stared straight into my soul. "What's with the scars?" She asked, smirking. She knew. I stayed silent. "You weren't silent while you were talking to Xavier at dinner," she spat. Oh. He must already be taken, I thought to myself. I tried to continue walking up the stairs, but she blocked my way. "Oh Bianka won't you just stop bothering people?" A girl said sharply. I turned to see a short girl who had two long black braids going down the length of her torso, she was also ghostly pale. The girl, Bianka, was now turned towards this girl, so I took this opportunity to escape upstairs.

Today I made my first friend at Nevermore, and my first enemy.

(985 words)
Y/n is meeting up with Xavier!!! Looks like she's fitting in better than she expected.