Dessert

And finally, the last dish, the dessert. The thing you can finally have after dinner. Its sweet, craving, almost therapeutic taste calms all your nerves. The thing you looked forward to the most. Almost like a reward, a participation badge. Something that everyone gets when they finish, when their plate is clean.

The room looked all white.

Where even am i?

I looked around, finding myself sitting at a table with people who I've lost all around me.

I was no longer in my old wooden rocking chair that I refused to leave at my old home, and my skin felt pure again, I felt like I was a version of myself with all my ages.

And the plate in front of me flashing all the meals I've eaten.

“Well done, sweety.” My father congratulates me as he digs into his chocolate fudge sundae.

He looked young again, just like everyone around me. It was a strange yet comforting feeling.

Like when a show finally ends, and you finally get to go to sleep. You enjoyed parts of the show, but sleep sounds nice.

I saw the meals slowly go away and a chocolate milkshake being there instead. It looked like one of the best ones I'd ever seen in my life, whip cream and a cherry too!

I slowly leaned in and took a long sip out of the red staw, my taste buds being met with relief.

Met with closure.

Met with answers, met with finish.

And in that moment, i understood, it really was all worth it in the end.

And that dinner was finally over.