Chapter 4

BEN'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     The big burly dudes name was Frank. He looked aggressive but judging by Y/N he was a nice guy. Y/N then went around the gas station grabbing a Leiter of what I assume to be their favorite drink, a giant bag of chips, two cups with lids, and some sandwiches, they put gas in the car and left.

"Can I have my sandwich?" I didn't know if I could eat in the car.

"Of course you can eat. Just try not to be messy. I hate having things messy." Y/N seemed protective of their car so I grabbed my sandwich and started eating while holding my hand under the sandwich for any crumbs that might fall.

"Do you wanna know what con we are going to?"

"Yes!"

"Lex Con. It a massive convention. There are artists, there's a hotel nearby, there is a giant place to eat. It's amazing."

"I've only been to Frankfort con before. It was only once but it was fun. I got in trouble though because I was running and that was against the rules."

"Are you sure you want to go to Lex Con? It can be stressful."

"Yes." I was more ready than anything. All I had to do was stick close to Y/N and get them on our side. This was going to be easy, I hope.

     We arrived at the parking lot at exactly 8:55 it took up 2 minutes to find a parking spot and 1 minute to cross the road to get into the line outside. Y/N looked extremely calm. I was over the moon. I was practically radiating energy.

"You okay BEN?"

"I'm so excited!"

"Why are you excited?"

"I've never been here before and it looks so fun!"

"Wait till you see the shops. There's shops galore. It goes from Jewelry to Body pillows"

"That's a lot."

"Yeah but it's fun!"

After a long pause in the conversation I just had to know. "Why did you want to take me here? You've only known me for what, 3-4 days?"

"Because, you're funny, you're nice, and who wouldn't want to be friends with someone who you can do practically anything with!" Y/N smiled and I was confused. Why would they want to bring me.

"Why did you bring me?"

"You wanted to hang out and I thought this would be a great way to bond!"

"Is there any other reason?"

"I also kinda want to become a creepypasta. I think I have the skill for it but I need to work on my pain tolerance."

"Wow" Y/N was more impressive that I thought and even more they already knew how to kill.

"Hey we are at the doorstep."

"Woo!"

Once we got through the line Y/N grabbed my hand and started speed walking. I asked them where we were going. They didn't respond. We suddenly stopped at the entrance to a room. I looked at Y/N and my look of confusion was met with a wide smile. "This is the shop area!"

I was in heaven. There were so many cosplayers. People dressing up and already made characters or even oc's! I spent only half of my money and had 80 dollars left. Y/N bought new earrings that had cows on them, a new strawberry cow cup, and a masquerade mask. Once we left at 3 we went to a Cafe down the street.

"So BEN, what did you think?"

"That was the best event in forever!"

"Glad to know you're happy. About earlier, when I mentioned Slender wanting me as a proxy, I really want to help but I don't think I would fit in. Sure I kill but that doesn't mean I will fit. I need time to make the decision. Right now, I need to take care of my mother."

"Understood. Will we remain in touch while you are deciding?"

"I never intended to cut you off BEN. However, considering you might try to convince me, I plan to not talk for a few days. In that time I will be taking care of my mother, and making sure I want to do this or not. Are you okay with this idea?"

"I am okay with it but I would like to know how long you might take."

"4-5 days max. I will try to make it quick but it might take a minute."

"I will tell Slender. Thank you."

"Thank you BEN."

"That's what friends are for, right?"

"Right."

     After that conversation Y/N and I ate some Cafe food and then we went to their car. On the drive  home I made small talk and even made Y/N laugh. Why do I feel, happy. I am a murderer. I'm not supposed to feel. What is this. I question my thoughts with no response. I let out a large sigh and continued talking until we got to Y/N's house. I gave them the 60 dollars I had left and we parted ways. What am I feeling. Was Jeff right? I stared at my hands for a minute and then started running home. I had so many thoughts I just wanted to run away. I knew I couldn't. I just ran and ran until I reached the mansion. I opened the door and looked at Jeff. He knew. "You dumbass. I told you BEN. You didn't listen."