New semester, New perspective

It has been an entire year since I've been studying in university and I still feel... empty. It feels like there is a void inside of me that is pulling in every bit of joy I have. Be it from hobbies or from hanging out with the few friends I have.

"Fuck all this shit." I sighed as I laid my head down onto my pillow. Feeling the soft stuffing meshing together with my face. My messy jet-black hair swaying by the wind as it blew from the sunny day outside into my room devoid of joy. I tried using every bit of energy I have in me to wake up and put on some clothes as I have classes later in the day.

I decided to randomly grab some clothes and ended up wearing a black jacket with some white stripes on its sleeves and some jeans. I took a short look into the closet and saw that every piece of clothing was that of the colour black or of a dark colour.

"I should really change my wardrobe." I muttered to myself as I closed the closet and started my day.

After eating breakfast, I walked to school from my house and passed by one of my friends, Todd.

"Yo David, what's up man." He said quite cheerfully and loudly as he usually does.

"Nothing much. Just trying to survive as usual." I replied in a monotone voice while eyeing him with my baggy eyes after countless nights of staying up late due to playing video games or being chronically online.

"Haha, I get it man. Don't worry." He forced a chuckle as he tried to do a jump over a small crack in the road.

"Hey, did you hear about the new transfer student coming in this year?" He said trying to get rid of the awkwardness of walking together to school silently.

"No, and I don't really care." I answered, thinking that we're never going to talk to the new transfer anyway.

"Come on man, it's like the latest gossip, everyone is talking about it. I heard that he's really hot and very good at sports on top of that. He'll probably steal all the chics away from us." He let out a sigh as he said that last part.

"You're talking like girls were attracted to you to begin with." I teased him a bit while letting out a small smile.

"Come on man, at least I have an interest in hot chics unlike you." He said slamming his hand onto my back as I almost fell from the sudden movement and from the sho k of what he just said. It's true that I've never been attracted to women but that's only because no girl has ever caught my attention yet... I think...

He started to stare at me as I looked at the pavement, not moving and just standing there, motionless, lost in thought.

"C'mon dude. I was just joking. It's not like you're gay or anything. And even if you were I'd still support you." He said, winking and putting his thumbs up as I angrily stared at him.

"I'm not fucking gay alright." I sighed as I hit him on the head.

'At least I don't think I am... it's not like I've ever found any men attractive either' I thought as I clocked him

"Alright. Alright. No need for violence." He responded, chuckling a bit as for the first time since we've known each other, he got to me. It wasn't a while when we got to the front gates of our university

"Well, I'm going to head to my class as there is this hot chick that I've been eyeing for a while that likes to arrive pretty early in class and who knows maybe we'll hit it off and I can score some pu-" he tried to shout as I stopped him pointing to the many other students also arriving into the university.

'Don't embarass me.' I thought as I stared at him and it seemed like he understood because he quietly walked away from me and headed inside.

Before heading inside the building I decided to walk around and find a place to sit since I still have about half an hour until my classes begin. I wandered around the area and decided to sit in my usual spot which is a bench just outside the basketball court since no one is usually there in the morning and I can daydream in peace.

That's when I saw him. The most beautiful person I've ever met. His shiny blonde hair which reflected the sun, his emerald-green eyes which looked like precious jewels in a museum, his long slender hairless legs, and his feminine fit body which looked like it belonged to a model. He was wearing a red jersey and shorts which fit naturally on him.

"Holy shit." I muttered as it seems I have been completely entranced by him.

He seemed to be just shooting hoops which he did perfectly as he didn't even miss a single shot. I wanted to approach him and talk but I froze in place knowing that he is someone who would probably not even want to associate with me. He is someone... way out of my league to put it lightly. I'm just an average joe compared to this physical manifestation of a greek god.

I was just about to leave to find another place to sit when he called out to me.

"Hey... wanna play?" He said softly as it seems that he isn't used to talking much either.

"Uhhhh me?" I said awkwardly as I pointed to myself. I mean I wasn't the most fit guy considering that I hate sports and usually almost exclusively play video games. But I wasn't overweight either, due to a good metabolism, so I guess under this thick jacket, he could've mistaken me as someone who plays sports.

"Yeah." He answered. His soft voice sounded so cute, it sounded like as if an angel was singing a lullaby to me.

Obviously, I'm going to decline as I don't know how to play basketball or any sport at all really.

"Sure, sounds like fun." I accepted his offer like an idiot. The only thing that will result in this is self-embarassment.

We played for about twenty minutes and surprisingly, for the first time I had a lot of fun playing a sport. Well, obviously I got absolutely destroyed by him, it was as if he was an NBA player.

"Well, I gotta stop, it's been really fun but I have classes soon." I stopped as I tossed him the ball

"Do you not usually play?" He asked seeing through my absolutely trash skills at the sport

"No, not really, I usually just hang out here because there's no one around here early in the day." I admitted scratching the back of my head embarassed.

"I see..." he said awkwardly and just stared at me also... awkwardly... his emerald green eyes locking with my brown ones...

"Oh yea, we haven't exchanged names yet, I'm David, I'm a second-year business major." I exclaimed trying to break the tension while putting my hand out there to shake his

"I'm Arin, a transfer student, I'm also a second-year business major." He replied shaking my hand. His hands are so soft... I feel like I'm shaking the hand of god himself...

"Hey, David? Can you let go?" He complained, looking away from me as his cheeks turned a taint of red

"Yea sure, sure. Of course." I answered as I screamed internally not knowing why I did that. My face also blushing a shade of red as if I had a tomato for a head.

"Anyway, since you're new here, you probably don't know your way around, want me to take you to class?" I offered hoping he would accept as I twiddled my fingers, wanting to spend more time with him

"Sure, that will be helpful. Thanks." He accepted as he smiled looking at me. I probably had the biggest grin on my face as my eyes lit up when he said those words

"But first, I need to go to the locker room to get a change of clothes." He added as he and me walked to the changing room...