The Last Dance: Part 1

As Arin and I returned home from university, I felt a rush of relief wash over me knowing that the grueling semester had finally come to an end. The anticipation of a blissful summer break was enough to make me practically run to our front door. Collapsing onto the couch, I melted into its cushions, welcoming the sense of comfort and relaxation it provided.

"Finally, summer break." I yawned, feeling the exhastion from not sleeping due to pulling all-nighters with Arin for the final stretch of the exams we had.

"Hell yea!" Arin replied with enthusiasm, as he grabbed two cold sodas from the fridge and handed one to me.

"Finally, we can stay at home all day and just chill." I yawned as I popped open the can of soda and took a small sip

"Well, we still need to go out. Especially next week. They announced that we're having a prom remember?" He reminded as his green eyes seem to gleam from just saying that.

"Prom? But there'll be so many people there and people who don't like me at that..." I said softly, my stomach churning just thinking about the amount of people that will be there

"Come on, we'll have a great time." He said as he put his soda on the table and lay his head on my shoulder

"Please... I want to dance with you. It'll be so romantic with the lights and music, and we can slow-dance to a love song." He said, his eyes sparkling.

"You've never been to prom, have you?" I sighed as I smiled at him, staring directly into his gleaming eyes

"No..." he muttered then he took a brief pause

"My old school never had any proms or events like this." He sighed as he seemed to hug me a bit tighter

"Okay, I'll go, but just this once, alright?" I reluctantly agreed as I tried to put on a brave face for Arin

"Really??? Thank you David! You don't know how much this means to me!" He excitedly exclaimed as he had the biggest grin on his face. Even though I was really nervous about it, I couldn't just say no to my boyfriend... the most important person in my life right now...

We cuddled while we watch some random netflix shows and played some video games for the rest of the day until we were both tired enough to fall asleep...

As the days leading up to prom dwindled down to two, my nerves and anxiety only seemed to grow. Arin and I have already chosen and bought our matching suits to wear to the event but my hands still shivered and my hearst still raced whenever Arin brings up anything about the prom.

I sat on the couch and tried not to think about it. But my mind was racing with reasons why I didn't want to go. Jessica will be there and so will the bullies who hate both Arin and I will be there as well. On top of that, the loud blasting music will definitely make me dizzy and make my head hurt. There are so many reasons to not go to prom... and I just can't...

As if on cue Arin just stepped out of the bathroom, having taken a shower with only a towel around his waist. I felt his naked arms wrapped around me from behind as I turned my head to him only to be greeted by a soft kiss.

"What's wrong, babe? You seem upset." He asked, noticing my troubled expression

"It's nothing..." I lied because I didn't want to cause a rift between us

"Come on baby, you know you can tell me anything." He said as he rested his head on my shoulder

"It's just that... prom... I really don't want to go... you know, Jessica will be there, the bullies will be there, and the music, they'll probably just play some trashy pop music and put it on full blast." I blurted the entire truth of it.