Trapped

David's face got so red because of the alcohol. He is clearly drunk. I wish Jessica would stop asking these insensitive questions already.

"I'm leaving." David uttered as he fell to the ground. He slowly got up and headed towards the direction not of the exit but towards the balcony.

"I'm going to go after him." I said as I quickly got out of my seat, saying my quick goodbyes to Todd and his date.

I quickly sprinted in David's direction and tried to find him only to see him sitting on the fence on the balcony. His legs dangled over the edge of the high building. This is dangerous...

"Hey David, let's get you off there and get you home." I said while slowly approaching him. He turned his head toward me and gave me a faint smile before responding.

"Arin, don't you think the city looks beautiful from up here? All the cars moving, the people walking, and the tall buildings everywhere. It's like a machine and everyone is a cog in it working in harmony." He said as he let out a small burp.

"Yea, it definitely looks good from up here. But it's dangerous to sit there David. You can fall. So why don't we get down from there." I tried to persuade him but he seemed to ignore me and kept gazing into the heart of the city

"It's the most beautiful prison in this world. One where most people don't even know they're prisoners of. No matter how hard we try we can't escape it. We can't escape our roles in society. Whether it be to continue living in order to suffer for other people's success or to die for it." He said as I was slowly and slowly getting closer to him wanting to pull him back afraid of what I thought he was about to do

"Well, I'd rather be free. I don't want to suffer anymore." He said as he leaned forward and almost fell off the building but I quickly rushed in and hugged him from behind not letting him jump off.

"Don't do it, you idiot!" I screamed as I hugged him from behind, tears rolling down my cheek.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered before he drifted into unconsciousness.

"Zzzz..." he snored a bit as he fell asleep. I looked at him dumbfounded as he fell asleep right after an attempted suicide.

"Let's get you home, you idiot." I sighed as I carried him on my back. He was a lot heavier than me but due to my physical capabilities, I can at least carry him to the lobby.

I was leaving the restaurant with David on my back when I saw Todd waiting alone right beside the exit.

"Holy shit. Arin. What happened?" He asked worriedly, I explained to him about David's attempted suicide and how he fell asleep after that.

"Fuck. I didn't even know anything about his parents. I asked Jessica why she asked such weird questions but she didn't give me a proper response and left after that. I feel so fucking guilty man. This is all my fucking fault this happened. I should've never pressured you two to go on this date with me." He said as he looked down in shame

"Don't blame yourself. You had no idea that all this'll happen." I tried to comfort him as Todd helped me carry David to the lobby.

"Let me at least call you a cab so that you two can get home. It's the least I can do." He said as he pulled out his phone.

"Todd. You've been a good friend to both of us. Thank you." I thanked him

"No, I'm not. This wouldn't have happened in the first place if it wasn't for me." He said again as he blamed himself.

"I thought I told you to stop blaming yourself." I sighed

"How can I stop blaming myself? My best friend almost killed himself because of me." He grumbled as he stomped the ground with his foot in frustration. I was just about to say something when he continued

"If anything he's lucky to have a girlfriend like you, I mean boyfriend. Sorry, it's just the way you're dressed." He said looking at my clothes as I completely forgot that I was cross-dressing.

"Well, he's lucky to have the both of us. Let's leave it at that." I said as we said goodbye to each other when the cab arrived

David and I got home and I carried him to the bed and let him rest there. I took off my dress and hair extensions and went to the bathroom to take a bath and wash the make up off. I dried myself and put on some of David's clothes which were a bit too big for me as I checked up on him to see that he is still sound asleep.

I'm going to need to stay here for the night. I need to watch over him for at least tonight. I texted my dad, saying that I'll be extending my stay at my friend's house and all he replied was to not do drugs as we can't afford it. I put down my phone and decided to make some instant ramen that I saw in the kitchen to eat for dinner. After finishing the meal I decided to just lay with David in bed and hug him. Hoping that he'll be alright when he wakes up...