The Last Dance: Part 2

Gasping for breath, I stumbled towards Arin's quaint home, my heart pounding with each step. Sweat beaded on my forehead, and I felt like I was on the brink of collapsing. But I couldn't give up now. I had to see Arin. I pressed the doorbell, and the door creaked open. Standing before me was a man with dark-brown eyes and the same-colored hair, a tense jaw, and furrowed brows. His features were eerily similar to my boyfriend's, but this man was slightly taller, and I had never seen him before.

I felt his annoyance radiating off him like a heat wave, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew I was unwelcome, yet I couldn't back down now. His eyes darted over my shoulder, searching for an escape from the conversation even before it began. My mouth went dry, and I struggled to find my voice. The air between us was heavy with his annoyance, and I couldn't ignore the way it made my heart race.

"Uhhh, Hello. Mr. Winslow, I'm presuming. I'm David, Arin's boyfriend. I don't know if he has talked to you about me before but I want to take your son to prom." I said with a shaky voice as I felt the cold sweat pouring down from my head

"Lord, help me" he softly muttered as he tightly clenched the cross necklace which was adorned around his neck.

His lips stretched into a tight, insincere smile. "I had a feeling my son was up to something when he moved out to live with his friend. But I never thought he'd turn to... this." he said, his tone strained with discomfort.

My heart sank at his words, and I felt a surge of fear rise up within me. This wasn't going to be easy.

Mr. Winslow's disapproving gaze lingered on me, his body tense with barely contained hostility. I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, suddenly feeling like an unwelcome guest in his home. My eyes darted around the room, searching for something to say or do to ease the tension, but found nothing. The air between us was thick with unspoken words, and I could sense the weight of Mr. Winslow's disapproval bearing down on me. It was clear that he blamed me, at least in part, for his son's perceived sins, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease in his presence.

"L-look Mr. Winslow, I know you probably disapprove of us but please, let me take your son to prom. He really wants to go there with me and I broke his heart when I said no. So please, let me make it up to him." I said, trying to sound firm yet deep down I was scared out of my mind. This was Arin's father, he has the power to force Arin to never see me again. So I need to tread carefully yet still need to get my point across.

"Kid, I understand that you care a lot about my son, but I can't let him go to prom with another boy. It's not natural and goes against everything I believe in. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I need to ask you to leave now." He sighed as he tried to close the door, but I managed to sneak my foot between the door and the frame so that it'll be open for me to at least try to convince him.

"Sir, please listen to me for a while." I pleaded as I tried to get him to open the door. To his annoyance he opened the door once more and started to stare daggers into me.

"One minute." He said coldly as he crossed his arms as if trying to protect himself from something

"Look, I understand that you have your beliefs and all, but maybe it's time to accept that being gay is not such a bad thing? I mean, there's research that shows it's a natural occurrence and it's not a choice. And I know you love your son, but he's also his own person who has the right to make his own choices, even if they don't align with yours. So, maybe, could you reconsider and let him go to prom with me? I promise I'll take care of him and respect him." I said, my words spilling out in a desperate rush as I tried to sway his beliefs. I leaned forward, gesturing with my hands as I spoke, hoping to convey the depth of my feelings. Sweat beaded on my forehead as I struggled to find the right words, my heart racing with the fear of failure.