IV.

Y/n POV:

I wasn't thirsty anymore so when I looked up at Xiao who was still holding me I was in shock when I saw him smiling.

I felt my heart flatter at the sight. He then looked a bit surprised.

"What?"

"Your smile... I've never seen you smile like that haha. You should do that more often!"

I said happily. It was truth. Then I realised something, I felt free, but actually free. I thought about my mother, but I didn't feel like she had any control over me anymore.

"Wait.. Where's my wand!?" I looked around to see if it would still respond to me.

Xiao let me go and gave me the wand. The ember on it was still glowing when I touched it.

"It shouldn't be responding.. I don't understand.."

"You're still a witch, at least some part of you. I turned you but I can't destroy all the genes you were born with you know..."

Xiao explained. I felt somewhat relived, and a bit scared, because only now I remembered he had parents to whom we'll have to explain everything...

"About your parents-" I started but he groaned interrupting me.

"Wow, you're seriously thinking about this only now..? Irresponsible."

'Excuse me!?'

"Don't worry about them, my father used to be a wizard before so he will understand..."

"And your mom?" I asked, but maybe it was a wrong thing to do as I felt him stiffen.

"She's...not around anymore."

"Oh.. I'm really sorry..! I shouldn't have asked.."

He took my face into his hands and kissed me again. "Don't worry, you didn't know.. now, you should get some rest before dinner."

I was laying on him as his hands were on my back. As expected I couldn't hear his heart beat. I was probably like that too.

"I think the only thing I'll miss with old you is your blushy face." He said out of nowhere.

"Haha, but you'll still be able to make me flustered... Unfortunately."

"Yeah yeah. Now go to sleep you little beasty..."

"Beasty..?"

"Mhm. You're wayyy to lout for a normal vampire and you're lively. So beasty suits you. In other words, take it as a compliment."

"Hmm if you say so... Good night, Xiao.."

" 'Night.. Y/n.."

Xiao POV:

I let her sleep some more, otherwise she would be too exausted, newly turned vampires need as much sleep as possible first day.

I senced a presence nearing my door and I felt nervouse, shit, he's gonna see me with her seeping on me this time.

I duppose it can't be helped.

"Xiao, how is she holding- oh, I see. Dinner will be in 2 hours. You both should rest."

He closed the door. He may appear nice, but sometimes he can be a real pain.

Y/n shifted a little higing me a bit tighter. I found myself smiling at her. But why.. Do I care about her that much.

"You don't just care for her, you love her." I heard my dad from other side of door.

"Dad!? Go away!" ugh he's so annoying.