𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

the next day at lunch, the group resided out on one of the benches as they waited for howie to meet them. eventually he approached, a handful of cards between his fingers. "there we go, you're all of age" he dished them out swiftly.

once kate had the card in her hands, her eyebrows furrowed at the picture on the front. it was an older woman with red hair and blue eyes. "you've gotta be kidding me" she sighed aloud. "who the hell is– jesus h garcia?" ken asked, waving his card in front of his face. a laugh couldn't help but leave kate's lips.

"it's jesús. it's your new identity" howie informed, seeing absolutely no problem with the situation. "so my new identity is a ginger grandma with blue eyes?" kate questioned, showing the card to howie unimpressed. "it looks just like you!" he defended.

"yeah well it's gotta be better than mine. mine looks kinda chinese" daniel stared at his photo with a puzzled expression. "yeah mine looks chinese too! what's going on with that?" nick questioned from beside kate. she peered over to take a look, a photo of a long haired asian man was displayed there on the card.

another laugh erupted from kate, a hand flew up to cover her mouth as nick watched her with a smile. he didn't find the situation, or his id card too amusing, but he enjoyed seeing the girl happy even if it was at his expense.

"woah woah woah, there's a big vietnamese community up there in alberta!" howie protested as if he was really making the issue any better. "mine says i'm twenty nine" lindsay stated, kate leaned over to take a look at her's now. "mine says i'm thirty four. it's not a problem" howie waved his hand.

"just give us the money back" daniel stood up, sighing in disappointment. kate had still been trying to hold back her giggling at nick's id photo. "that's top grade stuff, you don't get refunds man" howie set his hands on his hips.

"give us the money back" nick stood up, displaying a serious expression. oddly enough, this caused howie to crack as he began to hand back the crumpled up cash. "you know it's hard to find people who look like you in canada" he sighed.

"you know what! i think i'm gonna go with jesus here, i think i can pull it off" ken smiled to himself as he analyzed the photo closely. "finally! a sane man" howie smiled, taking back the last of the cards. "oh by the way guys, tomorrow we're having a sale at silvermans. half off on all dress shirts, i could hook you up" howie nodded.

"hey thanks man!" nick smiled as the black haired man began to take off. "yeah thanks for nothing" daniel muttered under his breath. "wait, so that's it? now what are we gonna do?" kate questioned after realizing the plan had just been ruined. "i don't know.. that's my only connection" daniel shrugged.

   "hey wait... i might know someone!" lindsay grinned, evidently coming up with a great idea. the group shot her enticing looks, curiosity filled kate as she eyed her best friend.

later

   "i heard the drinking age in idaho is like.. ten" nick laughed as the four of them walked down the desolate road, daniel swung a stick at the hanging branches like a child.

   "god that's terrible" kate scoffed, eyes settling on a strange looking house. "how did you say you know this guy?" daniel questioned hesitantly, a weird tension fell over the group as the home stared back at them.

   "he's millie's cousin... i used to know him when i was really little but...i think he's kinda scary now" lindsay crossed her arms, a weird expression coming over her. "well i think we can handle it..." daniel cleared his throat, not sounding too reassuring.