Prologue

Something was wrong.

Something is wrong.

Something is wrong with him.

Something is wrong with Drew.

Why is this happening?

What is this?

Blood?!

And...

Flowers.

....................

As he cleans the corner of his mouth, he trembles in fear.

He's never felt like this before.

What is wrong with him?

He's coughing up blood..and flowers..?

He walks with a sickly expression towards the empty kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. The copper taste in his mouth was overwhelming, and he needed to get rid of it.

His throat was burning from coughing so much. He goes back upstairs to his room, the hallways dead and quiet. He searches up this...disease. 

'Coughing up flowers and blood'  Enter ->

.

.

.

A simple result of unrequited love, where a pollen and virus merge together to create a disease that behaves like Cystic Fibrosis. This plant will invade your lungs and start growing. This plant grows with time, and if treatment is not given by the end of 2 or 3 months, it will pierce your body from the inside out, the vines growing through your body. 

You will cough up blood along with flowers. The flowers' color is the favorite color of your unrequited love.

The most common and most effective treatment is to have one's love returned. As Oxytocin, also known as the love hormone is fatal towards this virus. Another treatment is to have the plant removed from your lungs by surgery, but the chances of survival is low and the cost is very high. It has also been confirmed that if you have this plant removed manually, you will not experience anything that is remotely related to love at all.

.

.

.

[POV SWITCH: DREW, FIRST PERSON]

Unrequited love..?

But.. 

I'm with Zoey..

Wait..

Does this mean..

I don't love Zoey.

It's true,

I know that.

She's cheating on me, I know that.

So..Does this mean..

Jake.

It has to be him. 

Those flowers were peach colored.. A beautiful color, that's why Jake loves it so much.

I love him?

I love him!

I love him.

.

.

.

My head is spinning...

How could this be?

I miss Jake so much..why did he have to go with that stupid club-!

Instead of me..

Haven't I given enough..?

He met them for only a month..

I've been with him for over a year!

What do they have that I don't!

Is it the music talent?

Is it because I look like nothing compared to them?

Is it because...

They're just better than me...?

.

.

.

Cough

.

.

.

These damned petals-!

Why me..

Is this what they called karma?

Do I deserve this?

What am I saying-!

Of course I deserve it!

I bully everyone around me-...

I-!

Ugh...

.

.

.

"Yes. I have an emergency domestic issue to be dealt with. I will be absent until morning time is over. I will arrive to school as soon as this problem has been resolved, thank you."

.

.

.

I can't see Jake like this...

I need some time to get this through my head.