Chapter 2

[POV: DREW, FIRST PERSON,ROSEMEADOW HIGH, 2:00 P.M.]

"This should be around when Jake has those club meetings and stuff..."

I walk around the school, looking for the music club room.

Oh, there it is.

I knocked on the door, the atmosphere seriously down.

I peeked inside, and it felt emptier than the void inside.

"Hello?"

They all looked up at me, and now my stomach is churning...

"What are you doing here?! If you're gonna make fun of us again, then get out-!"

"Zander! I'm sorry, this is a really bad time for us, please leave?"

At least someone here has some decency...

"I know what happened, and I need to tell you what actually happened with Jake."

That Hailey girl finally looks up, and seems slightly intrigued.. She really does care about him huh?

"What is there to explain?! We heard what we needed to-"

Zander starts yelling again, before Miss uptight cuts him off.

"Well, this may be worth our time..."

"But Hailey! He clearly-"

"Quiet!"

All heads suddenly turned to...Sean. That was his name.

"We didn't even let Jake explain the whole situation! Zander, if he genuinely meant it, he wouldn't have done so much to gain us trust, would he?"

.

.

.

Finally, they're done bickering...

"Can I listen to the recording?"

Hailey pulls out her phone, and plays the audio recording.

"-And They can't stand a chance without me! They should be grateful I even joined in the first place!"

"Wait, what..? You're missing a really major puzzle piece there..."

Zander rolled his eyes, and chimes in again.

"Yeah, yeah. Totally."

"No..I'm serious..How could you people..He cared about all of you and he still does! He defended you when I made fun of you for goodness sake-!"

"..He..did?"

Hailey looks up again. She really likes him, doesn't she.

"Yes, he did.. Let me check something. Stay quiet for now, this could be useful."

I take out my phone and call Zoey, turning on the speaker.

"Hey Drewie-bear! What's up~?"

"Did you record the audio of Jake talking shit about the club? I need it, maybe we can start some rumors with it."

"So smart Drewie-bear! Let me send it to you! The full audio, because you'll need to do some work, I'm too beautiful for work!"

"Thank you, babe."

I want to roll my eyes at this.. My throat burns so much..

I hang up, and wait for her message.

"Here's the video, it's unedited. You can see what happened. I'll be right back."

I hand them my phone, before quickly running out to the nearest bathroom.

I run into the stall, and lock the door behind me, coughing violently into the toilet.

These damn flowers-!

.

.

.

cough

cough

 cough

-

-

!

!

That hurts..so much..

I'm surprised no one asked about the mask yet, but I guess that's good.

I walk back to the club room, they've already finished the video it seems.

"Believe me now?"

They all turned their heads towards me, all carrying faces of remorse.

"Are you gonna go find him and apologize to him? I'm sure it'll make his day."

They all run out the room, except for..

Luke?

"Hey, thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding. You're not actually as bad as Zander says you are. You really care about him...You love him, more than just friends, right?"

.

.

.

"S-shut it. Go after your little boyfriend, won't you?"

My throat hurts.

It burns.

I want to cough again.

Thankfully Luke ran after them after waving to me.

I coughed violently again, the blood almost soaking through the mask.

Goodness, I'll have to clean this...

At least Jake should be fine with the club now.