Chapter Two

In the throne room King Jason is pacing around in circles waiting for his daughter princess Annabelle and Lt. Castillon to arrive. He had gotten urgent news that Annabelle might not take well to heart. Queen Dahila watched as her husband pace around in circles from her spot on her throne. She sighed, "Dear, you are going to make yourself dizzy or ruin the carpet by doing that. Now stop that, come here, and sit my love, Sara has informed the guard's that they are almost here." King Jason turns towards his queen, with sadness in eyes and sat next to her. There was knock at the doors, Lt. Castillon announced behind the doors, "Your Majesties, Princess Annabelle has arrived." The king turns to his wife, she faintly smiled at him to give him courage, and nodded. King Jason, turns back to the unopened doors, and said, "You may enter." The doors begin to swing open and Princess Annabelle walks towards her mother and father with grace and poise of a true future ruler of their kingdom with Lt. Castillon right behind her. They stopped in front of the king and queen, Lt. Castillon kneels in front of them, "Your Majesties." Annabelle curtsy, "Mother, Father, you have summoned for us, in haste might I add."

King Jason nods towards them and clears his throat, "My darling daughter, I did summon for you and Lt. Castillon, urgent news had arrived this morning by a messenger from the Gizar Empire, that Emperor Drogo plans to invade our island to expand his empire." Silence was throughout the room, Lt. Castillon stood up from his position with great haste, "Your Majesties, with your permissions, I can quickly call a meeting with all generals of the royal armies to come up with a plan to stop this invasion of our homeland." King Jason nods to him, "Please do Lt. Castillon, we must hurry to get started with the preparation's for war before the Gizar Empire has a chance strike to us without warning." Annabelle clears her throat to get her father's attention, "Father, I might I ask why I am here for this?" Queen Dahila looks towards her daughter and stands up from her throne walks towards her, "Annabelle, the counselors fear we might not have enough men to defeat the Gizar Empire and Drogo's army, which is continuing to grow as we speak. They came up with a plan to strengthen our numbers for this war." Princess Annabelle responses back to her mother, "And what of this plan they speak of, and what does it have to do with me?" King Jason gets up from his throne as well and walks down to his beloved daughter, and holds her hands.

"Annabelle, they suggest that we untie Kingdoms with Prince Darien of the Yuiryn Empire in marriage, they have vast armies to aid us in this war, my love. I know we promised to not push you into an arrange marriage until you are thirty, but considering the circumstances of an impending war with the Gizar Empire. Things may have to change in order the survival of our lands and people, but duty must come first." Annabelle gasps, "But Father! We had a deal!" Queen Dahila joins next to her husband with their only daughter, "We know Annabelle, but this is our only option to save our people from been turned into prisoners for the Gizar Empire, if they do defeat us without Prince Darien's armies, and yes our own armies can do the job, but we need more numbers than what we already have my dear, please think about this Annabelle, we must not waste any more time, we must merge both Kingdom of Casentino and the Yuiryn Empire in two month time before Emperor Drogo's armies has the chance storms our beaches." Annabelle lowers her heads, "Yes mother and father, I will think about this uniting kingdom and empire proposition, please give me a week to give an answer to you both and the Privy Council." King Jason and Queen Dahila nod to the princess. Then she turns to leave the room to head towards her bedchamber to think about this information that was given to her. As she was to leave out of the room King Jason spoke, "Lt. Castillon, please stay behind, we have guard's waiting to escort the Princess back her chambers for you. I have more drastic things to discuss with you." Lt. Castillon nods to the King and turns towards Annabelle and bows, "My lady, I shall see you tomorrow after the military meetings are over, Private Henson will by your side in my stead until then. Goodnight My lady." Princess Annabelle nods her head, and gives a weak smile to him, "Goodnight, Lt. Castillon."