Chapter Twelve

The sun is starting to peak in Annabelle's window in her bedroom, she stirs awake from the intruding sunrays disrupting her wonderful dream of what her life would look like if she were married to Lt. Colby. Once finally awoken from her dream that she wishes that she could stay in it forever, but she must marry Darrien for the safety of her people from the vicious ruler of the Gizar Empire, King Drogo. Sara knocks on the princess's door and enters. "Good morning my lady. You have a busy schedule today with your mother in the drawing room." Annabelle sighs and get out of her bed and begins to dressed and ready for her long day planning her future nuptials and coronation with Prince Darien.

In another part of the castle, inside of the training room of the royal army. Lt. Colby is preparing on this morning's training with the new recruit's for the impending war with the Gizar Empire. Private Henson does not need to be with his princess this morning since the queen's guard were going to be attendance in the drawing room, so he decides to see if his mentor need any help with the training and also to see where his friend head is at. Believe you me, Private Henson knew that his mentor Lt. Colby loved the princess, anyone can see it expect the princess herself. He saw his mentor get the equipment ready for the physical training, jogged over and started to help him. Lt. Colby was a little shocked that Private Henson was there instead of beginning with the princess. " Private Henson, I am so sorry, but my curiosity got the better of me. why are you not with the princess. You know until this impending war is over you are taking over my duty protecting her?" Private Henson turn towards him with some weight in hands, "Yes sir I am quite well aware of my new position; that I am assigned to, but I was told by Her Highness that I was not need today because the queen's guard will be with her ladyship and the queen, plus I am grateful because I remember my wedding and all those boring details that went into it. Please do not tell my wife that, she will kill me." He coughs, and set the weights down at the first station from remembering his training a year ago. " So I figured that you might need extra set of hands and help with the training today, and I also asked her ladyship if I could come and help out, and she already gave her approval, sir" Lt. Colby sighs and shakes his head. "As much as I appreciate the concerns, but I can handle the new guy like someone I know last year."

Henson rub the back of his head with his hand a little embarrassed. Lt. Colby continues, "However Private, no matter the circumstances, you must be with the princess all time that the oath we all take to protect the royal family no matter the cost even our lives, but since she already approved your absence I will let this slide once, but this better not happen again." Private Henson responded, "Yes Sir!" In the back of his mind he felt like that he got into trouble for leaving his mentor love all alone by herself, but he knew one thing; that Lt. Colby is always thinking of the princess first above all others.