Chapter 1

6 years later...

BRITT POV

"We have been waiting for this, all season long, the finale, the title decider under the lights here in Abu Dhabi, it is light out and here we go, Ramirez gets a decent start and she is already ahead of Alfred Rodriguez, Ramirez leads into the first corner, closely trailed by Rodriguez, Norris sleeps into the third place, Maxwell goes wild, there is a bit of jockeying going on between Richardson and Hill, Sergio Lucas slips into third place, there comes Collins Fields but it's Ramirez out in front. The medium tires working well for her as her teammate, Mason Lane, challenge the Ferrari into the hairpin we go now. Ramirez leads Lane, leads Alfred, then leads Norris, then the two Ferraris of Collins and lec-"

I sighed as I plopped down on the sofa beside my best friend of six years, Mira, I threw some popcorn at her but she just swatted my hand away, all attention on the television that was showing an automobile race.

I laid my head on her lap, "I'm bored"

She simply nodded, eyes glued to the TV.

I stood up and stood in front of the TV which caused her to groan, throwing popcorn at me as she spoke.

"Britt get out of my sight, you are making me miss one of the greatest races in history" she exaggerated

I rolled my eyes, "But I'm bored"

"Come watch with me or call your girlfriend"

"She is working today"

"Come sit then I promise you will enjoy it"

I sighed as I went to sit, I stared at the screen confusedly as I tried to fathom what the race was all about, but after twenty minutes my eyelids gave up and I dozed off.

..

...

....

"Oh my! Yes! Oh my!" I jolted awake at the noise only to see my goofy best friend jumping around

"Did you see that? That was the best win ever" I looked at her confusedly as she shook my shoulder in excitement.

"What happened?"

She scoffed playfully, "Andreas Ramirez happened that's what, she stole the win, and she deserved it"

"I thought it was a men's race"

"No, F1 Championship is for any gender, though women aren't common"

"Oh" I rubbed my eyes sleepily

"She isn't only a good racer but also hot, if only I was into girls" she sighed dreamily

I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone to call Quinn, my girlfriend. She is probably off work by now, she is a resident doctor and an aspiring plastic surgeon.

After a few rings, she picked which caused me to smile.

"Hey," she said sleepily

"Oh you're asleep, sorry I-"

She chuckled, "don't stress beautiful, I had a long night shift, how are you?"

I blushed, "I'm good"

"So are you free tonight?"

"Yeah"

"Can I take you out tonight? You know before you have to leave tomorrow" I could already imagine her pouting, I had to leave for business tomorrow which is quite a bummer because I will be gone for two weeks, on the bright side, I will be back in time for our second anniversary.

I smiled and answered eagerly, "Yeah, What time?"

"I will come to pick you up by 7:00 pm"

"Ok, see you"

We said our good-byes and hung up

"Aww, you guys are so cute, it makes me sick" Mira cooed

I rolled my eyes, "Come help me choose my clothes, and help me pack for tomorrow"

...

....

.....

......

"I will miss you bestie," Mira said as she tightly gripped my hoodie which I was trying to free from her clutches

"It is only a week because you insisted on joining me, so hush and stop whining," I said struggling in her grip

I finally freed myself from her grip and went on to hug Quinn who looked like someone kicked her puppy as she glared at the airport floor, looking cute in her harry potter glasses and baby blue scrubs indicating that she just finished a shift.

I grabbed her hands which caused her to look at me with sleepy sad eyes.

"I promise I will be back as soon as possible and if I finish up before the two weeks I will take the earliest flight back"

She sighed and nodded

I pulled her into a hug, then kissed her deeply.

"I love you" she whispered as she hugged me again

"I love you too"

"Make sure to have breakfast, don't take too much caffeine-"

"sleep early, don't stress yourself, take your meds and vitamins and call me if you feel any slight discomfort. I know" I cut her off as I chuckled

She smiled at me and kissed my forehead before they finally bade me bye.

....

.....

......

It has only been 36 hours since I got here, but the amount of work swamping me is overwhelming. My dad retired some years ago and handed the business to Tony and me, though Tony helps with the business, he is currently on his honeymoon with his wife, so I am left to hold the reins in the meantime.

One of our branches in Italy has been having problems with account documentation so I had to come down to sort it out.

"Madam, the meeting is in 15 minutes" I sighed as I looked up from my chrome book.

"Lead the way Tina" I replied the manager of the branch as I readied myself for another long session of boring meetings.

..

...

"I'm really tired" I sighed into the face time with Quinn on the other side

"Have you had dinner?" she asked as she squinted her eyes suspiciously

I chuckled, "I have, you?"

She shrugged, "Yeah I went to dinner with a few colleagues"

"Making friends are we?" I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively, Quinn is quite socially awkward and nerdy, so it is quite difficult for her to make friends.

She rolled her eyes, "They are cool"

I smiled, "of course they are"

"Did you take your drugs?"

"Yes doc, I did" I mocked

She smiled, "I miss you"

"I miss you too, just 12 more days"

She pouted, "That's far away"

"I know, I know, but it will pass"

"You should get some sleep"

"Yeah I probably should, goodnight"

"Goodnight, I love you"

"I love you too", we hung up and I snuggled into my duvet, the symphony playing, getting distant by the second.

A/N

First chapter is out! This is a sequel to My Grey World not a standalone novel.