Chapter 3

"box, box, box, box, box, box" I heard over my radio

I drove in and they quickly change my tires, I drove off immediately. I was in the last two laps having gone on 54 already making a total of 56 laps. My focus was on the road ahead while my hand did their thing. I was right behind Alfred Rodriguez, and although I had a decent start, he managed to outrun me, I wasn't having it though, my eyes were set on that cup and I will do everything in my power to lift it this year.

Ok, one more lap to go...

I kept brushing him but could not get past him, I faintly saw the DRS signal and punched my button immediately, which gave me an edge, I was now 1.2 seconds ahead. I kept driving as I remembered Rob's voice telling me not to be a chicken, not the greatest advice but whatever.

For those who don't know, it is incredibly hard for a girl to get into the f1 Championships and even more tough to get into the finals, I want to try to prove my worth to Mercedes. I started off racing for Mc Lauren, I raced for them for four years, during that period I came first in the Chinese Grand Prix and third in Monaco and the British Grand Prix, and second in the Canadian Grand Prix before moving to Mercedes last year were I participated in Australian Grand Prix and German Grand Prix, I didn't win, came fourth place in both. This year I am back stronger and better, I was determined to stand on the highest podium.

I expertly drifted the last turn, I could already see the finish line. I was excited but I reminded myself to keep calm, so that's what I did, Alfred was still behind by 1.05seconds, so I stepped on it to increase the gap at this point I was going 300.5km/h, and everything was blur and then it happened, I could hear the roar of the crowd over my engines. I waved to the crowd as my engine purred to a stop. I did it!

I went to stand on my scale to see how much weight I lost during the race, my team member told me the number and I sighed in relief it wasn't that much compared to my last race, but I know Mel will still bitch me about it.

"You did good man", my team driver came over to hug me and ruffled my hair a bit

I chuckled, "Thanks Mason"

Mason, my teammate was a year younger and this was his first race with the Mercedes team originally racing for Red bull.

"There is an after-party tonight, at the Abu Dhabi Amber Lounge, you coming?"

"Yeah but I wouldn't stay long I have a flight to catch by 3 am"

"Sure man"

They announced the winner of both Driver's Championship and Constructor Championship and we officially went up to stand and collect our medals. I beamed as I collected the trophy and waved it in the air, the crowd roar become louder by the second at that. I completed the formalities and then it was time to party.

I went back to my hotel room to change my outfit, I didn't dress too over the top, just a pair of corduroy pants, a white dress shirt, and a knit sweater on top, to complement my outfit I put on a pair of Chelsea boots. I didn't know what to do with my hair, so I just combed according to the cut, I no longer had long hair instead, a curly brown taper cut sat on my head. The center was getting long so they fell on their face obstructing my view but I guess this would have to do.

Mason picked me up and we both headed to Lounge, which was already filled up with drivers, some just talking while others rocking to the music playing. This is where my non-existent social skills come in, so I put on a big smile and went ahead to interact with people while sipping on root beer.

By 2:45 am I left the venue, stopped at the hotel to pack, and headed to the airport, of course not forgetting to take my black face mask and thick sunglasses. I boarded my plane, and when the plane was already in the air I reclined my seat, and immediately went to sleep, to say I was exhausted was an understatement.