4

Y/N woke up when the sun hit her eyes and took a moment to assess her surroundings. The first thing she noticed was how warm she was, a light sweat dotted her brow. There was something heavy holding her down. An arm. A thought of Steve drifted through her mind and then it all came rushing back. She sucked in a breath and tried not to cry, not wanting to waste anymore tears on him. She tried to stretch but the arm pulled her closer and Bucky mumbled into her hair. A sad smile crossed her face.

"Bucky" she waited with no response "Bucky. I need to get up."

Bucky mumbled "Five more minutes" and started softly snoring.

Y/N giggled softly "No. Bucky I gotta pee. Please"

His grip loosened and he lifted his head slightly "Hurry back, doll."

As he woke up Bucky realized what he just said. He shouldn't be acting like she was his girl. She's his friend, who just went thru some major heartbreak. He needed to put his own heart on hold and just be there for her however she needed. He sat up and leaned back against the wall.

When Y/N came back she sat on the bed next to him and sighed.

"How are you feeling this morning, doll?" He asked softly.

She shrugged "I don't know. Sad. Mad. I have so many questions but I don't know if I really want the answers. Even as he distanced himself I never imagined he would do something like this."

Bucky grabbed her hand "Don't feel bad, I never would have pegged Steve for a cheater. I don't know what happened to him.

Are you hungry? There's a breakfast feast thing in the great hall until 2 or 3. They shouldn't be there so we could go get a bite."

Y/N nodded "Yeah. I could eat. Besides, I'm still an Avenger. I'll have to get used to seeing and working with them. Might as well get myself over it quickly." She went to get dressed then turned around "I don't have any clothes here. This t-shirt is lovely but it's a little short to be appropriate for a crowd. And my robes from last night are filthy from sitting in the dirt."

Bucky thought for a moment. "I can go get your bag for you if you'd like"

She shook her head "No, it's fine. We can just go to my quarters. If they are there I'll deal with it."

Bucky looked at her "Are you sure you want to do that so soon?"

"Yeah. Let's go"

Bucky dressed and loaned her a pair of sweats that she had to hold up as she walked. They went to her room where she took a quick shower and dressed in jeans a tshirt and sneakers.