5

With Friends Like You, Who Needs Enemies

Steve Rogers x Reader, Natasha x Bruce, Steve x Natasha, Bucky Barnes x Reader

Chapter 5

Warnings: swearing, angst, unintentional(?) bodily harm, descriptions of sex acts

In the great hall, right after Y/N left, Steve was hearing it from his friends. Bucky was the worst.

"What happened to the guy I grew up with? He wouldn't have cheated on his girl. What were you thinking" Bucky questioned.

Steve clenched his teeth "Why are you so concerned about her? You think you're so sly but I noticed. I see how you look at my girl. I know you want her and are just mad at me because you can't have her. What happened with you two in Wakanda?"

Bucky worked to rein in his temper and remind himself that this is Steve, practically his brother, and keep his response measured "You mean when you sent her to babysit me so you could be free to fuck Nat whenever you wanted? It doesn't matter how I feel about her because she was your girl and I would never cross that line. You have a lot of nerve throwing accusations at me, considering what you've done."

Steve was losing his temper and taunted "Maybe you're just jealous. I have Y/N and your old girlfriend, Nat, while you have nothing. No sane woman would want you anymore."

Bucky clenched his fists and went to reply when he was interrupted by Tony.

"Jesus Cap, I wish you could hear yourself. Where's the star spangled man who always does what's right? I'm glad my dad never saw you like this, selfish and entitled, insulting your bff because you were caught cheating. Talk about the mighty falling." He glanced over at Bruce, seeing green blotches on his skin "Yeah, Cap, You might want to leave before the big guy shows up."

Steve looked at Bruce who was trying to hold it in, his eyes widened and he decided to take Tony's advice and leave "I'll see you all back at the compound"

Before he made it out of the tent there was a bright light and what sounded like an explosion.

Steve looked back to the rest of the team but they were already out of their seats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N quickly left the hall, needing to be alone without Steve staring at her like that. She started off crying, feeling the ache in her chest over Steve and Nats actions, the sting of Nat's betrayal. Nat was the first friend Y/N had ever made, she trusted and confided in her but the whole time Nat resented her and was sleeping with Steve. And Steve, how could he try to claim that he loved her and did it to protect her.

After she had passed a few buildings and headed into a wooded area she heard someone clearing their throat. She stopped and turned around to see Nat behind her.

Y/N growled "What the fuck do you want, Romanoff?"