Chapter Twelve

"Hey," Isabella whispered while shaking Andrew's shoulder. "Pst,"

Andrew couldn't refuse the slightly annoying pestering of his wife. "Bella,"

"Let's go somewhere,"

It was four in the morning.

Andrew wanted to stay in bed with his beautiful wife for an hour or two.

"Where?"

He couldn't refuse her.

Isabella sat up and rested her elbows on his chest.

Andrew was used to her strange movements and slightly painful elbows.

"To see my parents," She was hopeful that he'd agree.

She missed them and longed for Andrew to meet them.

"We'll go."

Her eyes widened, and she kissed his cheeks. "You're so lovely, Andrew. Thank you,"

Andrew wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair. "I love you, Bella."

It was simple.

It was true.

He loved his wife.

-

"We'll be gone for the week, Mary-Anne. I got somebody looking after the farm, I just need you to stop by the church on Friday."

"I can do that. Where are y'all headed?"

Andrew looked at Isabella from the corner of his eye and wanted to end the call.

She was sitting on the bench reading her Bible, looking all kinds of beautiful.

She was calling his name without speaking a word.

"Andrew,"

He looked away from Isabella and shook his head.

Not now.

"Wyoming, Isabella wanted to see her folks. We're stopped now at a rest stop waiting to reboard,"

"You love her."

"I do."

Mary-Anne squealed like a young girl.

"God knew who you needed, Andrew. The same goes for Isabella. You two are a match made in Heaven,"

"I can't deny that. She's perfect, and she's all mine."

"I'll let you go now. I'm sure Isabella is missing you. I know you're missing her,"

"Thank you, Mary-Anne. I'll call when we make it,"

"Alrighty,"

Andrew put the payphone back on the hook and rushed back to Isabella.

He put his arm around her, placing a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Hi," She sang happily. "I'm excited,"

She was reading Psalm 34.

Something to ground her excitement.

At times excitement led her to do unusual things. It could overwhelm her.

"Did you know that the young lions lack and suffer hunger, but those who seek God will not be in want of any good thing?"

It was verse 10.

Andrew nodded at his precious Bella.

"I do. I sought the Lord, and without asking, He brought you to me. I lack no good thing, love."