Epilogue

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His Word,"

Isabella sang to Haven as they rocked in the rocking chair.

Haven's dark eyes were filled with joy and glee as she hung onto her mother's every word sung.

"Just to rest upon His," Isabella paused to see if her precious darling would finish the lyric.

And she did.

"Pwomise!" Haven giggled as Isabella peppered her face with kisses. "Mommy, so sweet!" She gripped her mommy's fingers and put them on her lap.

Andrew watched with his lovely ladies.

He was in heaven.

"That's right, my love!" Isabella cheered on her little delight. "Now, why don't we ask daddy to join us?"

Haven nodded happily and beamed at her daddy.

"Tis so sweet, daddy!" She encouraged him, making his heart flutter.

Haven was a miniature Isabella.

Perfect in every way and a delight through and through.

Andrew hurried to his daughter and swooped her into his arms.

"Daddy!" She giggled like a giddy darling. "Silly!" She said and kissed his nose. "I love you, daddy." She swooned in his arms and found herself taken by a fit of giggles.

Now it was Isabella's turn to watch.

Watching Andrew father Haven was the loveliest sight.

He was the most dedicated and gentle father she'd ever met. He made it his mission to make Haven the happiest girl in the world.

Through his love and devotion for Haven, Isabella found herself more deeply in love with him.

She didn't think it was possible to love him more, yet he proved her entirely wrong.

"You are my sunshine, Haven. Don't you pout or cry, it'll break daddy's heart."

Haven sniffed and wiped her face, making Isabella sigh at how precious her little Haven was.

And she knew how to make Andrew melt.

"I-i just love you and mommy so," Haven's lip quivered as she looked at her parents.

Though she was only two, Haven was full with love for everyone and everything. She was quite the little darling.

Andrew's eyes widened at her confession. "Oh, sweetlove," He rocked her and kissed her temple. "Mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know," He sang gently to the angel in his arms.

"Let me see, my darling," Isabella opened her arms, and Andrew placed Haven on her lap, instantly, the angel cuddled to her mother.

Isabella lovingly stroked her hair while humming.

"Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him. How I've proved Him o'er and o'er. Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus. Oh, for grace to trust Him more," Her melodious voice struck Andrew to the core.

He was taken to the first time he heard her sing.

Her voice astounded him.

In the face of confusion, misplaced, and mistreatment due to her color, Isabella sang praises to the Lord.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face."

She didn't know he was listening.

He didn't know why her voice called his heart to her.

Just as seeing her walking to town meddled with his lonely heart, hearing her voice settled him in a way no one ever could.