Chapter Fourteen

"No."

The words were foreign leaving Andrew's lips regarding Isabella.

This was the first time he had to say no.

It was harder than he anticipated.

Isabella's lips quivered at his seemingly evil change of heart.

"Isabella, don't look at me that way." He insisted firmly. "You have to stay in bed. You need rest."

She was going to sway him.

Isabella took a deep breath as she fought tears.

He was supposed to love her and want her around.

This wasn't right.

"Baby." He crooned.

She wanted him to leave her alone. "No to you, Andrew."

He didn't want her around. He had to leave now.

He sighed.

"Isabella, I love you. You know that, precious. I want you to stay home because I love you."

She was sick.

Since Wednesday evening, Isabella had been taken with a chest cold and migraines.

Andrew took care of her the best he could, and now, Friday, he had to leave her for a while to handle business in town.

She wasn't handling it well.

They were joined at the hip and had been for a while.

Andrew was tearing them apart in her eyes by not allowing her to come.

"I-i," She sighed in frustration as her head pounded. "I don't want you to be away from me." It hurt her throat to speak, but she'd rather have an aching throat than an aching heart while Andrew was away from her. "I feel like you don't want me because I haven't been feeling well. I don't like this. I like being with you." Her chest heaved. "A-and I feel terrible, Andrew. I can't see my parents, or I'll get them sick, I don't like this," It felt like she was complaining, but being sick made her entire brain scramble along with her emotions.

Andrew took her in his arms and kissed her temple tenderly.

He wanted her honesty. It was the only way he'd know how to love her.

"I am so sorry, Bella."

Her eyes watered at his earnest tone and her piercing headache.

"I love you, my darling. If I could bound you to me, it would be so." He said lightly, making her giggle. "I will stay home and care for you. I will hold you and kiss you, keep you warm," He kissed her deeply.

Isabella melted in his arms.

He laid her down and put his hands in her hair. "Tell me if this helps, love."

His fingers worked at her scalp, massaging it gently.

It was perfect.

Isabella's eyes shut at the delightful working of his hands. She loved him. She loved him. She loved him.

Since she became sick, Isabella couldn't sleep well. The congestion and migraines only allowed her a few hours of rest at night.

She was indeed miserable.

But Andrew made things better.

He soothed her in more ways than he knew.

He was an excellent masseuse, but his thoughtfulness soothed her further.