23: don't do drugs kids

Mollie (pov)

"I don't understand. You've seen this before," Robin asked.

"Not exactly," Steve replied.

"All that you need to know is that it's really bad," I added.

"Like end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad," Dustin also added.

"And you three know about this how?"

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend," Erica asked.

He looked down to where the guy should've been and he was gone. After that, an alarm started going off. Shit. we're in deep shit.

We made a run for it, up the stairs and through the rooms we were just looking through trying to find a way out. We made it to a room, Steve and Robin were trying to hold the door closed while the guards were trying to get us.

I went with Dustin and Erica through a door under the floor to hide in. I tried to get Steve and Robin to come with us but he told us to just go. I didn't like leaving them behind, but I trusted them to get out safely.

Dustin was the last to get through, I had to pull him down. We stayed until I knew how to get us out of here and to find Steve and Robin without getting caught ourselves.

I don't know what happened or where the two of them went after that. All I knew was that I needed to keep Dustin and Erica safe and out of harm's way.

I realized it was another air vent system, one where it was large enough for all of us to fit into. Dustin, Erica and I made it to a safe place in the system where we could sit and gather all of our thoughts. We had to come up with a plan to rescue the other two and get out of this place in one piece. Before the planning started, Dustin retold the events to Erica about last year and the year prior so that she was up to speed.

"But now, for some insane reason, the Russians appear to be trying to reopen it, which just destroys everything we risked our lives for," Dustin said, concluding the story.

"And by 'we,' you're including Lucas," she asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"So, all that shit he told me, Lucas was there?"

"What? You think we're lying?"

"My brother, Lucas Charles Sinclair?"

"Jesus christ, yes he was."

"I don't believe you guys."

"So you believe everything about El and the gate and the Demo-dogs and the Mind Flayer, but you question your brother's involvement," Dustin questioned.

"That's correct," she replied.

Yeah, because that made total sense to me?

Dustin started working on opening up the control panel for the fans to turn them off. It was taking awhile to get it open with the tiny tools we had available for the time being.

"All right, so if we don't find a more efficient method to stop these fans, we're never gonna find help, and your ice cream buddies are screwed," Erica said to me and Dustin.

"Yeah, with that attitude they are, jeez-us," Dustin said.

"I mean, we've made it about point-three miles in the past nine hours. Then we had to walk three hours down that tunnel, so I'd estimate ten miles back to the elevator, which should take us approximately twelve-and-a-half days."

"Did you just do all that in your head," I asked.

"I'm good with numbers."

"Holy shit. You're a nerd," Dustin said.