30: since when do you like my sister?

Dustin (pov)

When we all left Mollie and Eddie for the night, all I could hear in my head was the last thing mom said to me, 'Maybe it was too soon to let my baby girl move out. Oh, I need her to be okay.'

I didn't tell Mollie yet since we have bigger problems at hand. The rest of us left them in the boat house since that was the safest spot for them to be.

Before Steve had Max and I stay at his house, we went back to my house to tap into the dispatch through cerebro. They suspect Eddie killed Chrissy but Mollie is someone they're looking for to just talk to as a person of interest.

"Well, that's not good, for one of them," Steve said,

"Yeah, no shit. You really think that they would suspect Mollie? Did anyone see them together," I asked.

"I think it was just me. I didn't see anyone else out there when I was," Max said.

Thank god, I know she would flip if she had to stay in hiding until everything was done. Everyone in the room knows that both of them are innocent, but would the rest of Hawkins believe that?

"Right, since we're going back in the morning, let's get anything that they might need since they can't really show their face at the present moment," Steve said. "Yeah. We can get to the store early and see her after-"

"Hang on, Steve, even though you've been going on all these dates with other girls are you still hung up on Mollie," Robin asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You literally said 'and see her,' I'm sure I can speak for everyone else in saying that we're all concerned about the both of them, right?"

"Uh, yep," Max and I said in unison.

"Well, that's besides the point. The point is that I know Mollie more than I know Eddie, so of course I'm gonna care more about her. I didn't know that was a crime, jeez."

"Wait, since when did you like my sister?"

"I'm not answering that question," he said, defensively.

I'd interrogate him now but it's not exactly the right time. We all planned out how tomorrow would go and went to sleep.

~~

We made it back to Reefer Rick's place without suspicion and headed straight to where the other two were, greeting them with food and other things they'd need.

"Delivery service," I said with a smile.

"Dustin, you can't just barge in here like that," Mollie said.

"Oh, sorry. Did you want us to knock?"

"That would've been better rather than you just barging in," Eddie said.

We put the food down for the two of them and went for the cereal, sharing it. While they ate, the group and I had to tell them what we heard on the news last night.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it," I asked.

"Bad news first, always," Eddie answered.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro and they're definitely looking for the two of you. Also, they're pretty convinced that only Eddie killed Chrissy."

"Why would they want to look for the both of us if they're convinced it was just him," Mollie asked.

"Well, no one but me saw the two of you together. I'm sure they'd just want to intimidate you," Max said.