Sooho Wakes Up

When Sooho woke up, everything appeared to be a jumbled mess of images. Vibrant images that his brain persistently grasps for but was unable to hold on to. He had begun to panic, taking in great gasps of air, but then soft, cool hands were on his face and then arms, soothing him. Though he didn't know who he was, the owner of the hands immediately caught his attention. A very pretty boy with slightly shaggy hair, petite and thin, androgynous to the point that it took Sooho a moment to realize he was actually looking at a boy. Mentally, he saw flashes of the boy, similar to his current appearance. Though he could now be described as too skinny, too pale, and in general frail-looking, in comparison to the pictures of him in Sooho's head. 

"It's okay, It's alright. You have been sleeping for the past couple of days due to swelling in your brain from an injury. Don't try to remember too much, it will happen." The soothing tone reassured him, allowing Sooho to settle back into sleep.

He recognized his grandmother sitting by his side when Sooho woke up again. He attempts to speak, but instead finds himself coughing. While bringing water to his mouth, Grandma hushes him. "If you want Shieun, he had to start his first day at the new high school. He'll be back. That boy hasn't left your side. Still wouldn't have if you didn't wake the other day." She informs him in her usual straightforward manner.

Sooho leans back on the pillows that his grandmother just fluffed. 

"What happened?" He inquires, his voice hoarse from disuse. 

According to his grandmother, he was sparring with some boys, and it went too far. She then goes on to tell him about how Shieun became enraged and served revenge. The hospital now had around four other boys in varying stages of healing. A few have not yet woken from their comas. Sooho was not surprised, since he seemed to remember that he was the one who brought Shieun back when he was going too far. They should have known that, without him, there would be nothing to stop Shieun. 

Over the next couple of weeks of recuperation, he would discover that Shieun was his best friend, despite having only met this year at school. 

Sooho found it amusing that he remembered so little, hardly any people, and nothing about how he got hurt, but he remembered Shieun. He remembered the fights between each other and beside one another. Him telling Shieun that they must have been married in a previous life and throwing up finger hearts. Mostly, he remembers Shieun's smiles. He had a collection of memories of Shieun, enough for him to know how rare that smile was. His mind had made a collection of pictures that appeared as though his memory had taken snapshots to not forget Shieun. This alone showed how much Shieun meant to him. The only thing he can't remember about Shieun is when he fell in love with him.