Chapter 2- Well Hello Stephen

"Excuse me? I saw the help wanted sign," he inquires politely of a server who appears to be of similar age and is currently engaged in busting a table. 

The server briefly glances at Sooho before displaying a sneer. The sneer was exchanged for a smirk as Sooho moved to wipe down the filthy table opposite the rude boy and the table he was cleaning. The place appears to have seen better days; however, the food being served appears to be delectable, and there were even a few pool tables present. The pool tables were what enticed him, and the fact that there was great food adds to his attraction.

"Mom, there is someone here looking for a job!" the server shouts loudly. 

Prompting a short and unassuming Auntie to exit the rear kitchen door. Sooho immediately recognizes the Auntie as a familiar person, flashing pictures indicating they worked together before. 

Sooho hurried to her excitedly, wrapping her in a bear hug and carefully lifting her up while maintaining his balance. 

"Get off of me, you fool!" she giggles while pushing him away. 

She looks at him up and down, noting the cane, "I won't ask you the details, I've heard enough. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I am pleased to see that you are still resilient, as you will not receive any sympathy from us. You perform the same duties as everyone else. Now, when can we start? Now?" She says in her usual no-nonsense way.

Cheering, he went to pick her up again, but she's swatting him away the moment she sees him closing in. 

"I can start tonight. I'll just need to get off before my boyfriend gets out of cram school. Will that work for you?" He inquires politely. 

She raises an eyebrow at the end, but doesn't comment. He had already made the decision not to conceal his relationship with Shieun, but he would not reveal his name because that was his decision to make.

"That works for me, Stephen. Are you still good at using your English name?" She inquires while already moving to the podium where name tags are stored. 

Sooho nods, telling her that if the stallion were already taken, he would settle for Stephen. The result was a soft smack to the back of his head, which only succeeded in making him laugh. This is precisely what he had been missing, along with meeting his exact needs. Restaurants that host a significant number of tourists frequently assign their employees English names because it was easier for tourists to pronounce. It was actually something that Sooho was relying on, as he was hoping to conceal this from Shieun. Wanting to prove himself first, before telling Shieun and causing undo concern. 

Jenny turns and introduces Sooho to her son, Jin. Jin has been observing the interaction with both confusion and humor, and it appears to have thawed some of his previous attitude. Likely due to the good relations between his mother and him. As the night passes, he was grateful for the easy comradery because shitty co-workers could make for a shitty workday. He understood why the kid had to be defensive, considering he looks as if he has a lot of European in him. Like his mother, he was short and lithe in stature, and he also had mahogany hair that he kept styled in a bob. His lighter skin and blue-green eyes, reminiscent of the ocean, hinted at his other heritage. Yeah, Sooho could see why the kid had to make a tough persona to survive in this neighborhood.

Before the night was over, he was busting and serving. Jenny, realizing that Sooho still had the ability to upsell, decides to use him to her advantage. Soon, teenage girls take over the restaurant as Sooho flashes his cherub smile and shows off his devilish charm. When it came time for him to leave in order to meet Shieun at home, he was ready. It had been a while since he had worked so hard outside physical therapy, and he was exhausted. Bone tired, but it felt good. Stashing his apron along with name tag, Sooho blew kisses at everyone as he left. Informing them know that he would be back tomorrow. He pauses briefly to wink at a table of giggling girls, but he didn't give anyone finger hearts. Those were reserved for his cutie. Just thinking about Shieun makes Sooho feel energized, prompting him to pick up his pace and hurry home. To Shieun, the best part of his day. 

As he waits for the elevator, Sooho gazes at the staircase. He hates waiting, and they would be faster, but could his knee make it? 

"If you do it and fall, I'm leaving you there." Shieun informs him in a solemn tone while advancing behind him. Surveying their surroundings and observing no one present, Sooho promptly exchanges a brief kiss in greeting. Admiring the shock that he was still capable of bringing to Shieun's face. 

"You wouldn't." He exclaims with glee while guiding his cutie into the newly opened elevator.

Pushing the button for their floor while moving past, still propelling Shieun forward. Shieun's face was blank with a slight pout, but his eyes gave him utter trust as he looks up at Sooho. The person who soon pins him against the elevator wall and begins to drop gentle, quick kisses on those pouty lips. Shieun would sometimes give him a look, never failing to give him goose bumps. Then Shieun went and ruined it by softly inquiring if he really didn't think he would leave him there. 

Sooho gives Shieun a look of irritation and utters with mock exasperation, "Keep up, we have moved on from that!" 

Shieun smiles softly and joyfully towards Sooho. Despite the increase in frequency of smiles, they were still rare enough to be special. To rid himself of the stupor Shieun's smile has left him in, Sooho shakes his head.

Then, when the elevator door dings and opens, Sooho raises the food he's brought from the restaurant and asks, "Hungry?"