one

conveniently, lorelai was never one to believe in fate. she simply didn't understand why everything had to be so overcomplicated, could it ever just be the case that it was just pure coincidence? maybe she never wanted to sometimes believe it was fate to disregard what she really thought; always overthinking the outcomes of what would happen if she just let things go.

"today was such a shit day," mumbled curtis as he walked into the living room of his best friends apartment.

"and you've come all the way here just to tell me that," said lorelai as she let out a laugh. she turned around to see him still in his training kit. "i thought you lot showered after training, you stink."

"um thanks for that," curtis snapped walking over to the girl. "shame i might not tell you why i'm actually here then."

"you are so dumb. you know you will end up telling me the minute i threaten to beat you on fifa again."

"that was so unfunny," mumbled curtis.

"nah you know i am hilarious," replied lorelai letting out a laugh.

"anyways if you're done insulting me, i was actually here to tell you that saf and i are throwing a party for my birthday. obviously it's not gonna be huge or anything cause we can't drink," said curtis.

"that joke was funny," lorelai said sarcastically turning round to face curtis again.

"oh come on lor not again," groaned curtis. "you're seriously going to miss my part because of what that dickhead did to you?"

"that dickhead is your mate," laughed lorelai.

"yeah fair but he was a dickhead to you," murmured curtis.

"aww thanks of reminding about what happened," mumbled lorelai.

"stop being miserable and please come; for me," pleaded curtis.

"if saf and haley are definitely gonna be there i might go," said lorelai with a shrug.

"god lor you're actually difficult sometimes," he said with a laugh.

lorelai froze for a second before letting out a small laugh.

"alright now go and have a shower i beg," said lorelai.

"you actually never give me a break," complained curtis with a laugh before leaving.

"and you're gonna go? this is one for the storybooks." exclaimed haley, the childhood bestfriend of lorelai scotts.

"i mean it is we going to end up happening anyways at some point anyways," grumbled lorelai. "maybe i should just go, just cause he's there doesn't mean i have to ruin my time."

"you'll be fine, saf and i will be with you the whole time," said haley putting an arm around lorelai.

"i know we'll be fine. i mean they can't drink but that's not stopping us at all," said lorelai with a smirk on her face. "if i am drunk, i won't care one bit."

"thank god for that because i really need to get drunk," groaned haley dropping her head in her hands.

"well men are dicks so i don't blame you," said lorelai with a shrug.

"wow we really did used to have shitty men in our lives huh?" haley said .

"well let's just pray that the party doesn't end up being a right shit show," mumbled lorelai. "because i am really not looking forward to it."