eight

"maybe i was just being over dramatic," groaned lorelai down the phone to curtis as she dropped her head into her hands.

"no i heard the whole thing. don't worry lor he was just being a dick; he'll get over himself, " replied curtis, eager to reassure the girl that she was not at fault. "

"ok. i just thought that maybe i've been stupid to not speak to him for so long but then he just has to make his stupid comments as if he wanted a reaction," complained lorelai.

"look i don't know what his problem was but he knew he messed up the minute the words came out his mouth i swear. he seemed genuinely bad."

"he still said it."

"i know lor. look i'm gonna go, saff's just come home so i'll speak to you later."

"ok bye, say hi to saffie for me."

it had turned to night very quickly. lorelai was now curled up on the sofa watching suits as she tried to block the day from her head. her whole house felt eerily silent. and she hated it. she hated feeling so alone. and she hadn't in a while. she didn't want to admit it, but she knew seeing trent today made her reminisce more than she would normally making her feel more alone than ever.

"are you sure trent? kai asked me earlier and i said we would go," murmured lorelai.

they were both in lorelais room. trent was laying between lorelais legs and lorelai was playing with his hair.

"i don't want to go. i just want to stay here. with you." trent replied as his eye mindlessly watched the tv in front of him.

a smile appeared on lorelai's face as result of his words. she let out a small laugh. "you'll be with me at the party."

"i want to be with you as long as i can before i have to go italy for those training camps," he shrugged.

"about that, i have something to tell you," lorelai started.

trent sat upright facing lorelais direction.

"i'm coming to italy with you!"

trent's immediate response was the wrap his arms around his girlfriend.

"thank fuck," he breathed out in slight relief. he pressed a small kiss to the side of her head before he pulled away from her.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

lorelai was out of it when she heard the keys start to rattle into the her front door.

"lorelaiiii," announced haley as she walked into the living and saw the state of her best friend.

"i forgot i gave you keys," groaned lorelai.

"isn't it great!" beamed haley. "means i can make sure i don't leave you in this state for longer than 30 seconds."