six

"i'm on my way right now oscar calm the fuck down," groaned lorelai down the phone to her brother oscar. "i said i would be there as soon as i could."

"i think i lost the candles for the cake," complained oscar.

"dumbass. the place will give you candles."

"hurry up lor i need you here now," said oscar.

"not my fault you've made this party so posh," mumbled lorelai. "it's gonna be huge."

"she deserves it after everything lor. she deserves to have this night just for her." quietly said oscar, speaking in a more hushed whisper compared to before.

"she does deserve this and i'm sorry im not there sooner. it's saying i should be there in 10." replied lorelai.

"ok see you in a bit."

"i hate this suit," grumbled trent as he kept fiddling around with it. "it's so uncomfortable."

"it's cause all you do is wear your training kit so shut up," snapped trent's younger brother.

"ok and that's the point," trent said rolling his eyes. "when you wear tracksuits all day it's all you want to wear."

"ok ok we get that your the footballer."

lorelai arrived to the place in 10 minutes just like she said she would. it was huge.

to match with the occasion, she wore a long black strapless dress with a slit that reached towards her mid thigh. she had her jet black hair down styles to frame her face.

she was slightly nervous. being with large groups of people sometimes made her slightly anxious.

she took a deep breath in before walking into the party.

the first thing she saw were the bright lights then the masses of tables and chairs occupied with guests.

oscar would not be happy she was this late.

she quickly scanned her eye around the room trying to find a familiar face before she finally managed to find her brother. she walked over to him.

"you little bitch you're so late," laughed oscar as he gave his sister a hug.

"i'm here now, i know how much you missed me."

"ok that's a bit of a stretch. i did not miss you."

"and are you sure?"

"yes."

"next time you need help i'm not coming."

"the next time you need someone to get rid of the spiders in your room i'm not coming."

"oh. but i don't like them."

"you can live with spiders."

"i hate you."

the night had gone well. for lorelai, all that mattered was that her mum had enjoyed herself and knowing that she had was enough.

there was still crowds of people left at the party and lorelai was hoping they would leave. she felt drained and all she wanted to do was go home. work for the past few weeks had caught up on her, she was constantly tired.