Relationship Responsibilities 《 Oneshot 》

Prompt: Hunter & Edric invites Luz and Amity to visit them for dinner in the Human Realm. Features incorrect quotes.

🍽🍽🍽

Hunter let out a small groan as the sunlight peaking through the curtains woke him up. He scowled as he tried to hide himself into the warm body beside him. He refused to wake up. He had finally gotten a decent amount of sleep. He wanted to continue with his dream. Plus, Flapjack nor Batric were even awake to start making noises about food.

The former guard ignored the small chuckle that came from the warm body. "Sleep," Hunter urged. A hand rested against his blond hair as Hunter sought out the contact.

When the hand was close to leaving, Hunter didn't hesitate to grab the other's hand to remain on his head. He whined. "No, keep doing that."

"You're acting more of cat today, Hun. Well, an adorable, grumpy cat," Edric muttered the last part quietly. "It's endearing." Edric continued to pat and run his finger through the pale blonde's hair. Hunter grumbled at his words.

Shying away, Hunter buried his face back into Edric's chest. The warmth was beckoning him to sleep. Hunter was close to listening to alluring siren if it wasn't for the evil man pulling away.

"You're evil."

Edric rolled his eyes, pressing a small kiss on the former guard's forehead. Hunter tried to keep the upset frown on his lips, only for it to falter at the kiss. "It's time to get up. Luz and Mittens are going to be here later for dinner, so that means..."

"Be your best behavior," Hunter finished. The former groaned at the order. He had no corrals with his pseudo sister, Luz, but Amity has hinted her dislikement for him after the events at Eclipse Lake plus he was dating Amity's brother.

Hunter tugged the blanket up to chin as he lost himself to his thoughts.

Edric noticed the slight discomfort. He sat down on the bed. He placed his hand down onto the other's cheek. His hand trailing up to rub under the faint dark circles under the former's magenta eyes.

"I know you and Mittens don't get along, but trust me, she cares about you. She just hasn't gotten used to it."

Hunter wished he could believe those words. He wanted to believe them. He sighed. "We're twenty now, Ed...it's been four years."

Edric decided to lay beside the boy, pulling him close to his chest. "Hunter, Amity doesn't hate you. She knows your family now. Nothing will change that. Everyone takes their time to accept things, Mittens needs time."

Hunter sighed and curled up in Edric's arms. "Okay, I believe you." Edric squeezed his arms around the other. The green-haired boy could tell that the other had relaxed in his grasp. He decided that maybe he can sacrifice a few hours to simply cuddle his boyfriend.

It was only when they heard pecking on the outside of their door when they finally had gotten up. Flapjack and Batric were just as much as a chaotic duel like their witches.

Hunter shuffled downstairs with Flapjack nestled into his pale blond hair. He yawned behind his hand as he fed Flapjack and Batric who was following behind. Batric would usually disappear during the day to sleep. Edric had told him long before that the small winged creature was nocturnal. It meant that the bat was mostly to be active during the night than the daytime.

Edric, on the other hand, was downstairs in the kitchen. He was deciding over the options they had in the fridge. Usually, they would buy food from the Boiling Isles, but Miss Eda had to make some adjustments to the portal. So, they had to rely on the food that Camila helped them buy.