Fallen Promises (Demon/Angel Au) Pt.4

A/N: Yay more characters. Hunter now has a Flapjack. Edric makes an appearance again. Now with threats.

***

Hunter felt enjoyment when he was in the Veterinary Science room. The professor didn't mind his presence in the classroom. Hunter was sitting in silence in the back with Flapjack. The red cardinal would chirp and nestle in Hunter's hands. He didn't even notice that the bell had run, signaling that it was finally lunchtime.

"He seems to like you."

The blond angel almost jumped. "Ah!" Flapjack didn't move where he was nestled. He was nesting on the boy's hair. The Professor was standing there with a smile on her face.

"I didn't mean to startle you." She apologies. Hunter's wings flutter under his small spell. The instinct to run and fly away was growing. This professor was human. He shouldn't be scared, but this was a stranger. The teacher looks at Flapjack.

"Would you like to keep Flapjack? He seems to like you more than anyone I've met. He's been looking for a home." The offer came out of nowhere. Hunter wanted to refuse the offer. He would be returning to Heaven. Bringing a bird with him wasn't ideal, yet a part of him had him nodding his head.

"Yes," he answers. Red appears on his cheeks. "I mean, yes if that's okay with you." The professor only gives the new student a smile. "Take care." She then looks at the time. "You should be at lunch currently. Come back after school so I can give you Flapjack's items." Hunter nods his head before leaving.

Once he stepped out of the classroom, he stood there. He had no idea where this so-called 'lunch' is at. Maybe he should've asked before leaving. The bird resting on his head chirped. Hunter was quite confused. He didn't understand his little buddy.

Flapjack didn't continue chirping, instead, they started flying in the direction of the noise. A noise that sounded like people talking. "Flapjack, get back here," Hunter says. Following closely behind the bird, he stops when he sees the other kids. A part of him wanted to get out of there. His uncle would be disappointed if he's rubbing elbows with lowly ants. These were maggots that craved and deprived of selfish and greedy thoughts.

However, they looked like normal people. None that flashed with danger.

"Hunter, come join us!"

Hunter's eyes followed the sound. The human was waving her hand at him. He noticed the same green-haired girl, but there was another person. A dark-skin boy that he immediately noticed wasn't human. A trickster. Slowly, he approaches the table. He sat down.

"Hello, human." The human laughs. "Hunter, I've told you my name. I'm Luz." She introduced herself.

"I'm Gus."
"And I'm Willow."

Hunter nods his head. Soaking up the info, he watched the trio return to their normal chat. He examined the human. She had an angelic hue surrounding her. It was like she was an angel as well, but she couldn't be. He's known all the angels in Heaven. None of them were like her.

"Aw, you have Flap."

Willow coos. Hunter turns his attention to the petite girl. "Yes, the professor allowed me to keep Flapjack. I was chosen." Willow gives him a smile. "That's incredible. Flapjack hasn't had an owner in a while. I'm glad he's found a new friend."

Hunter softens. "Yeah, I'm glad he chose me." Flapjack chirped as it flapped down to the table. The cardinal was eating a piece of bread that Gus gave him.

"So where are you from, Hunter?"

The angel glances back at Gus. He had his arms crossed. Hunter didn't need much to tell that Gus didn't trust him. Hunter thinks about where he met that demon. "The nearby city. My uncle thought we may have needed a new place to start," Hunter lies. Gus narrows his eyes before relaxing.

Luz sips on her juice. "Well, it's good to have you in Gravefields. It's a small town. We're all friends." She gives a bright smile. Hunter nods his head. "Okay." She then bumps his elbow. "If you need any help with your classes, let me know."

Soon, the bell rings. Hunter was then reminded of his task. "I must be going." He tells them before leaving to head to the veterinarian science classroom. He stayed there for the rest of the day. He was prepared to confront Luz after school. The sooner he returns to Heaven, the sooner he can get rid of that demon.

Hunter wanted to facepalm himself. He was forgetting his original mission.

Sitting in silence made him collect his thoughts, the busy streets and cars beeping was a melody the demon was all too familiar with. That angel invaded his thoughts. He would've continued with those thoughts when he felt someone's presence not too far. The voice confirmed who he believed it was.

"He's killed 20 demons."

He knew that voice. The smell as well was enough to make him know it was another demon. "Hello, Boscha." The pink-haired girl was standing behind him. "Who's meat suit are you wearing this time?" She hums, looking down at her clothes. "The captain of the Grudgby team. Either way, that isn't the issue." She narrows her eyes at the demon.

The demon gestures for her to continue. He was now facing her. Boscha took that moment to speak.

"He's approaching another angel. You'll be done with if he reports you to those higher authority dicks." The demon glares forward to the busy roads. "It'll be no issue to me." Sure, he couldn't take down all the angels, but he knew basic Enochian and sigils to hold them back. Still, something about Boscha being on Earth makes his skin crawl.

"What do you want, Boscha? Last time I heard, you were in Hell."

She laughs. "Hell can't keep me down." She crosses her arms. "I came because you're becoming unpredictable. Your deals are under the quota. Some are questioning your true–" The demon stands up with a glare setting on his face.

"What are you even implying, Boscha?"

A sly smirk settles on her face. "We've heard the rumors, Blight." She circles the demon. "Edric Blight. The son of Odalia and Alador Blight. The black sheep of the family. The only one of us sons-of-bitches to be born a demon." Edric glares, crossing his arms.

"Did you know you had a little sister?" Boscha took pride in the shock on the boy's face. She noticed the boy's shoulders tense. He was finally taking in her words.

"You're threatening me now?"

Boscha shakes her head. "I'm not threatening you. I'm warning you. You're too soft. You're a demon for fucks sake! No one cares you're sad that you were assigned as a demon." She pretends to weep. "You think anyone pities you? Well, guess what. No one–"

Her insults were silent when Edric pulled out the angel blade. He pointed it at the demon's neck. "I don't need your pity. I could kill you if I wanted." She grins before making a 'tut' sound. She pressed her finger against the blade to lower it.

"You're too soft, Blight. You don't have the guts to kill." She turns away. "You act as if you are bad as us. You've killed before. Stop acting like a child and do it, or give the blade to someone capable." Edric gripped the blade as he was quiet.

Boscha's grin brightens. She was now amused.

"The angel is in Gravesfield. Not too far from this pathetic, filthy city. Get rid of him before he gets rid of you. Angels give no mercy to demons. He has the target set on you. I hate to see your face in the papers. However, if you can't do it, then we'll do it. Trust me, Edric. You wouldn't like us solving your issues." She disappears in an instant.

Edric scowls once she left. "He has the target set on you," he mocks with his best Boscha voice. He looks down at the blade in his hand. He sighs. He needs to figure something out. If the angel is getting closer to the other angel, he couldn't do anything.

One angel he could handle. Two becomes a hassle.

He preferred to not bite off more than he can chew. He looked up to the skies. At one point, he wonders why he still cares. He wonders if this fight is even worth fighting. He won't be able to win this. Hunter is going to warn his superiors of an angel in possession of an angel blade.

His mind drifts over to another thought. His sisters. Boscha could've been lying, but if she isn't...then it means he has a little sister.

Damnit.

He needed to stop the angel.