Housewife Lies 《Oneshot》

Prompt: Aged up. 20 y/o Hunter & Edric meets up with Emira and Viney at a local diner to have lunch.

☆☆☆

"Miss," the waitress stopped the four. "Your...um, griffin, isn't allowed inside." Viney gasps. "Puddles is always allowed. They don't even eat people." The waitress gives the other three a pleading look. Emira stepped forward and placed her hand on Viney's shoulder. "Viney, come on. Puddles will be fine for a bit."

Emira looked over at her twin. "Look, Ed can help you find where to leave Puddle while we eat."

"Wait, what?"

"C'mon, Ed. While you help Viney, I can make sure Hunter isn't lonely." Hunter scowls, "I can handle being without Ed."

Emira gave him a pointed look. "Hunter, do you remember when you came to my party and refused to talk to anyone until Edric came?" She said bluntly. Hunter turned red. "Shush!" He grabbed Emira's hand and walked to one of the tables.

Emira waved to her brother and blew a kiss to Viney as the two left the diner.

"Now, how are you, Hunter?" Hunter saw that sly smile on Emira's face. He cursed to himself. He loves Edric more than the world he stood in, but he forgets that Ed and Em are practically tricksters. He remembered Luz comparing them to foxes or even Loki, the trickster god.

"I'm doing good. How are you, Em?"

Emira gleams. "I'm doing well. Though I have a question to ask you." Hunter rose an eyebrow. "And what would that be?"

She hummed and tapped her cheek.

"Why do you seem so stressed out? Doesn't my brother not know how to pluck your strings?" She gave Hunter a smug look. Emira soon laughed as she knew the exact reaction she'll be getting from Hunter. Hunter grew dark red at the comment as he realized.

"EMIRA, WE'RE IN PUBLIC!"

While outside, Edric and Viney found where to leave Puddles.

"No, Puddles, you gotta stay outside. Apparently, this diner has a strict no griffin indoors rule," Viney huffs. Edric sighs, "I know it's unfair, but it'll only be a while. Em and Hunter are waiting for us." Edric knew the rule was unfair, but it wouldn't be long. Puddles would be okay.

Viney decides that this would be a battle she couldn't win. "Fine, let's go inside." Edric follows behind a slightly peeved Viney. They spotted Hunter and Emira sitting at one of the booths. Edric was about to announce their presence. However, he stopped at the words that came from Hunter.

"I truly go into housewife mode when I'm someone's soulmate--like I'll make you pancakes and bacon every morning," Hunter chirped. He had a hand pressed to his chest as Emira laughs. Hunter found himself lucky that they changed the subject from the previous matter. Hunter refuses to acknowledge the other statement. Before Emira could answer, Edric slid beside his boyfriend.

"This is a lie," he interjected, "I'm literally dating him. This is a lie." Edric shakes his head. "HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO COOK A PANCAKE, WHAT IS THIS."

"LIES, I KNOW HOW TO COOK," objected the blond. Edric rolls his eyes fondly. "Hun, I love you, but you can't cook." Hunter opened his mouth to protest but couldn't find the words. He scowled and pouted.

"Other than the old married couple arguing," Emira teased. Viney took her seat right beside her girlfriend and held onto her hand. Emira squeezed back and looked at the two witches. "How are you two?"

"We're doing pretty good. Right, Hunter?" Hunter huffs. "If you don't count Ed's jokes about my cooking, we're good." Edric laughs nervously. "Come on, sweetie. You know I'm just yanking on your chain. Plus, you know I have a point." The blond groaned and dropped his head onto the table. Hunter was close to hitting his head on the table, but instead felt Edric's hand soften the hit.

Emira perked up, "That's right. You two mentioned that Hunter is under a lifetime ban from the kitchen. Why was that?"

"Ooh, I want to know as well. The infamous reason Hunter is banned from the kitchen." Viney decided to join in. Edric smiles at their antics before moving his hand into Hunter's pale blond hair. Despite Hunter's irritation, he leaned into the other's touch and purred softly at the sensation.

Edric grinned at the sight before looking back at Viney and Em. "Well, Hunter managed to set his cereal on fire." Emira tilted her head. "Ed, that is physically impossible," she deadpanned.

"Emmy does have a point," Viney agreed. "You can't set cereal on fire."

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!"

Edric was familiar with this reaction. "It's impossible. That's why no one believes it. Luz and Mittens even thought it was crazy until they saw it happen." Hunter groaned. "That's only happened a few times. That doesn't constitute a lifetime ban." Hunter lifted his head to look at his partner.

The younger green-haired witch crossed his arms. "You almost set the house on fire trying to cook a surprise breakfast for me. Flap even thinks you should be banned." Hunter scowled. "Flapjack doesn't think so." Edric smirks, "Sureee." Hunter flushed embarrassingly when Edric flicked the blond curl from his face.

"Alright, no fighting lovebirds," Viney interrupted. "Save that for the bedroom." Emira laughs at her girlfriend's comment. The two shared a high-five as Edric and Hunter grew a dark red.

Both boys blushed. "VINEY WHY!?"

While Hunter and Edric were sputtering out words to get back at the two, Emira and Viney couldn't stop laughing. Sure, their laughs would torture the other witches inside the cafe, but they didn't care. Emira smiles at her twin. Seeing the two happy always made her happy.

Even if one of them is a terrible cook and the other is a goofball. She couldn't trade this life. She couldn't wait til the marriage.

Hunter and Edric made each other happy.

☆☆☆

A/N: Did I laugh at my jokes? Yes. Am I funny? Probably not.

Either way, goldric is just my favorite and the pairing between Viney and Emira is nice. I feel like Emira and Viney would tease Ed and Hunter.

I don't know if it should be tagged for the slightly implied bed jokes.