Fallen Promises {Demon/Angel AU} Pt.1

A/N: WHEN DID THIS FIC GET 300+ READS???? 

A/N: This is au isn't a one-shot or incorrect quote. I would make a separate book for this, but I rather keep my goldric stories together. This series will be titled "Fallen Promises" with the number beside them. Ao3 will be listed differently, a separate story. 

Prompt: Fallen Angel! Hunter is attempting to prove to his uncle that he can still be redeemed. Until then, he's stripped of his title in Heaven and sent down to earth. As he tries, he meets a demon who makes him question everything he's ever thought. 

Warning: the beginning mentions abuse between Hunter and Belos. Be warned. 

****

He knew he's failed for the last time. He's tried his hardest to not let his fear undo him. The tremble falls through him as he waits for his uncle's words. "Hunter, you've disappointed me." Belos's words left a sour aftertaste in Hunter's mouth. He tried to search for any word, but he was speechless. Anything to defend himself, yet nothing came up.

Hunter should've known better. He should've known there wouldn't be any second chances. Chances must be earned. He didn't earn the right to have one. He messed up and tested Belos's patience.

"I expected far better," Belos continues. "Is this the thanks I get for taking you in?" Hunter's head snaps up. He was shaking his head. "Of course not," he tries. "Please give me another chance. I-I–"

"Enough!"

Hunter pressed a hand down onto his cheek. The slap rang around the room. He didn't even have time to catch up when his uncle had moved from his seat. Belos stood only a few feet away from him. The green sludge disappears. Belos rubbed his eyes, annoyed.

The angel kept his hand pressed to his stinging cheek. He tries not to show any weakness as he shakes beneath his superior's gaze. He waited for Belos's judgment.

Belos would get rid of this angel, but it reminded him the most of an old friend. The boy was almost a complete replica of Caleb. He approaches the boy, flickering the loose noodle in front of Hunter's face. In response, the wings trembled. The golden wings reminded him of fools gold. He grimaces. It would be a waste of resources to make another. Then an idea hits him.

"You know what," he begins. Hope leaks into Hunter's eyes when he had the smallest hope that he could redeem himself. "Earth has been suffering from a demon problem that ought to be solved." He makes a stone materialize in his hands. Placing the stone down in the boy's hands. Hunter's eyes widen.

"You'll be a fallen. Sent to Earth to terminate those pests."

He knew what that suggested. No angel has survived to tell the tale. One of the worst sentences that could be bestowed on an angel. He goes to oppose. To find any mercy. However, there was none left for him.

"B-But–"

"Goodbye, Hunter."

Hunter didn't have a chance to protest when Belos's placed his hand on his head. He sees his lord sneering at him before he's falling. He couldn't grab onto anything to stop the motion. All he could do is let it be.

A part of him believes this was it. Rarely angels survived. He's never met any angels who've fallen from grace and returned to Heaven. Myths ranged from that the pain alone was enough to kill an angel to that those who survive are stripped of their wings and grace. Their grace and wings made them who they were. Without them, they were humans. Another roach on the Earth, scrambling to clear itself of sin.

Hunter would describe the pain to be excruciating. One of the worst pains he's ever encountered in his whole lifetime.

Everything soon goes black.