Fallen Promises (Demon/Angel Au) Pt. 2

A/N: I was supposed to post this last night, but I ended up falling asleep. :') this chapter has finally the introduction of goldric and new characters

****

Hunter turns his head in the direction of the building. He felt as if he was being watched. Magenta eyes fall down to see an individual. He stood in the crowd. Someone looking at him with a grin. Hunter saw the real face behind the human flesh until his eyes settled on the blink of black eyes.

"A demon!"

It seemed to surprise the demon when Hunter yelled it out. It was unexpected that the angel would go down right and yell it. People would cast weird looks in their direction as if they were crazy. Turning away, the demon runs. Hunter was hot on the demon's tail. He didn't care that he was shoving humans out of the way. It wasn't his fault they couldn't pick up the pace.

A part of him was whispering that this could be a trap, but Hunter didn't care. He needed to get this demon finished with. The demon was quick on its feet, dodging civilians and pushing them into Hunter's way.

This continued until they finally reached a building. A warehouse. It was a closed space. Hunter pants as he takes in his surroundings. He looks over to see the smirking demon. The demon stood with a proud look on their face. The confidence made Hunter want to wipe it off the demon's face. How dare it look so smug?

"You!"

Hunter's wings went into view as he rushed forward with his angel blade. The demon in question dodged his attacks. They moved back with each strike. Their wings flew out instinct. Hunter knew his suspicions were correct. Those reptile wings, the way the boy's golden eyes would flicker to completely black. A tail that flickered into view before disappearing as well as those horns. The demon needed to create some distance from the angel.

No telling that this angel would kill him.

He flew into the air, creating more distance between himself and Hunter. Settling against one of the ceiling beams to watch the angel below. He doubted the angel would fly up. The angel wouldn't sit still he could assess the enemy. In another universe, the demon would've believed the angel looked pretty cute. The demon shakes it away when the angel continues to holler.

"Get down here!"

The angel commanded. The demon huffs a laugh. This was heaven's best. A short little angel. "I rather not." Hunter glares, "The lord–" They laughed at Hunter's next statement. "Lord? He has his pupils labeling him close to a god. That egotistical maniac." Hunter burns with anger. "How dare you insult, my liege? He's sentenced you putrid pests to be slaughtered."

It perks the demon's interest. Belos had sentenced his kind to be killed like pigs. It fits perfectly with all the demons they've met in the past. However, it felt insulting to him.

The demon hums before pulling out an imagery notepad and beginning to read it. "Well, you see here, I don't see my name on your hit list." The demon jokes with a grin. Hunter glares, "I swear to–" The demon was quick to interrupt with a grin.

"To god? Oh my, is an angel swearing now?" The demon gasps with his hand over his mouth. Concealing his laugh. "Do I need a camera to record this remarkable moment?" Swirling his tail around the beam, he decides to take in the angel. The angel was glaring at him. Magenta eyes that could send daggers down his spine. Pretty ruby eyes.

His grin falters to a serious flat smile. This angel is responsible for killing 20 demons in the past few days. The news reported each body that had weirdly-shaped marks on its neck. Nothing can make those wounds except for angel blades. Each city reported was getting too close to its territory.