☆ 08

— 8. Sick Boy's Day

Val was sick. You could thank a certain couple for that.

Thankfully, (Y/N) was willing to take care of him (much to everyone's suprise)

"Do you need something warm? I can turn up the heater!" (Y/N) was very determined to help Val as much as he could, even though he denied most of it.

"No thank you..you don't have to do all this." Val didn't mind this newfound "affection" but it was a little embarrassing to be taken care of by a boy...in your grade. Who also went to your school.

"It's fine." (Y/N) was also oblivious to Val's embarrassment.

He was like a dog following Val around wherever.

"Aren't you gonna say anything...?"

"Let the boy be."

Val's oldest sister and his mother just watched as (Y/N) would sit on the couch and watch TV with them,look at the time on his phone and go upstairs to check on Val.

Honestly, his mother didn't mind. She was too focused on her old lady puzzles.

"Hey," Val's sister spoke up watching (Y/N) tense up a bit, "Hi!" He didn't wanna leave a bad impression after all.

"Aren't you the dude who stole his girlfriend?"

Nevermind.

"Yes!" (Y/N) was slightly panicking "I mean no! Um...well...yeah? I mean...I rejected her." He wasn't coming back from this one

"Julianne leave that poor boy alone."
Val's mother finally stopped focusing on her puzzle and turned to face her daughter and (Y/N).

"Only the second time you've been in my house and you're already taking care of him." (Y/N) blushed at her statement. "Um well, I said I'd help him out....."

"What a kind boy you are." His mother was completely unphased by the confusion Julianne was giving off.

"HUHHHH? you guys aren't dating..!"

"WAAAAAAAA??"

(Y/N) blushed even more waving his hands around.
"N-No! We've only known each other for a couple of weeks and I think he's super cool and stuff but I don't think he'd be interested in dating someone after his girlfriend and.."

(Y/N) continued to ramble on stuttering a few times. Julianne smiled, but it wasn't a happy or nice one. It was more sinister.

"Oh my, you must really like him."

At this point, (Y/N) was too much in shock to speak anymore.

"What do you like most about him? His height? His pretty face? His eyes?"  She continued to pester (Y/N) and he still gave no response. He was trying to figure out how to even think straight.

"Julianne don't make me repeat myself." Val's mother sipped her tea slightly glaring at her daughter.

Julianne let out a sigh while throwing herself back on the couch. "I can't help it! After that other girl, (Y/N)s an upgrade, right mom?"

Upgrade?

"Juli-" "You really think so!" Val's mother was cut off by (Y/N)'s excitement. Julianne smiled to herself. "Duhh, did you see how that girl acted?"

"No what happened.."

Val's sister motioned for (Y/N) to sit next to her and he quickly did. They looked like 2 girls gossiping.

"You didn't hear this from me but his girlfriend was like totally two faced!"
(Y/N) would nod whenever she spoke.

"And like she was so socially involved with dudes, boys would follow her around which was SO creepy they even started to follow me cuz I was the sister of the boy she was dating.."

"No way.."

"Yes way!"

"And then one time we went to the mall together and I told her that she should buy something for my brother's birthday and she said she'd think about it...like as if she didn't spend 40 dollars on Bath & Body Works."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously dude!"

"And then another time-"

"Julianne. If I have to speak to you one more time you so help me." Val's mother was literally in the same room trying to watch TV cmon guys

"Haha.." Julianne laughed awkwardly as (Y/N) was processing all this information.

"When is...Val's birthday?"

"Hm? Oh, it's on December 7th." Julianne smirked after answering. "Are you gonna buy something for my little brother? ♡"

(Y/N) didn't blush this time, instead he looked very determined. "Mhm!"

She chuckled. "Val's so lucky to have a boyfriend like you.." She expected (Y/N) to freak out again like he did before, but he just stared at the wall in bliss thinking to himself.

Unfortunately, Val was there to ruin his moment.

"(Y/N) I was calling for you..."

"Val!"

(Y/N) immediately ran to Val who was wrapped in a blanket. "I'm sorry I lost track of time..."

It was obvious Val just wanted his attention. Very obvious.

"And you say I'm picking on him.." Julianne faced her mother only to be met with her focusing on her old lady puzzles again.

"Your brother is spoiled. You're just mean."

"You can't just say that to your daughter!"

val desperate