☆ 13

adding titles cuz im cool like that 🙏🙏

also vampires r hot

— 13. Yay! Labor! & Val & Dahlia

Nothing sucks more than fulfilling a promise you really didn't wanna fulfill.

"Thank you come again." (Y/N) smiled. Eternally he wanted to scream. He hated 7/11. So much.

Of course after his little date with Val his mom got right on his ass when they got home. And of course (Y/N) had to get the job of being a cashier.

It wasn't all bad though. He knew there were some people who'd spend YEARS of their life cashiering, which he respected. He couldn't get through bagging items without being tired.

And it also seemed like a hotspot for some...questionable men.

"Y'know what beer tastes better?" A very shapely looking man was debating between 2 beer brands. Of course (Y/N) was only 18, and if he drank he'd immediately puke.

"Sorry sir I don't drink." 

The buff man sighed letting out a little 'lucky' during it. He then went on his way to rant.

"Recently I just broke up with my girlfriend. 3 years with her."

"Oh my...my condolences."

"And she took all my money."

"Wow..."

"She took everything."

"Please don't rob us..." (Y/N) quietly muttered.

Maybe he should just be a janitor.

But it wasn't all bad, he had gotten closer with Val. Real close.

(Y/N) would visit Val almost daily..Lucy managed to memorize his scent.

And not to mention how (Y/N)'s mother adored Val. She would go on and on about her flowers and garden and Val would politely listen to her enjoyment, unlike some son of hers.

"Ah you're so sweet!"

And currently Val was doing just that.

Dahlia had picked from her garden and thought and giving some to people. What a nice woman.

"It's incredible how these are all planted by you." Val was a HUGE kiss ass. He didn't even care if it was obvious, he really needed to be on this woman's good side.

"You're such a flatter!" Dahlia chuckled while looking at her array of flowers again. She then notcied something that made her chuckle a little louder.

"Those roses were planted by (Y/N) actually."

This peaked Val's interest quickly.

"He planted them for you, he almost planted radishes instead." She giggled at the last part. (Y/N) spent hours digging only to be planting something not even close to roses.

"Is that so.." Val trailed off into thought thinking who knows what. Marriage? Lucy? Marriage AND Lucy?

"He's very fond of you." Dahlia took her eyes off the flowers and looked at Val. "It's nice to see him have such nice friends. Thank you for being with him."

Val nodded very quickly. "I-I'm very fond of him too!" Maybe it came out too excited but Val really was fond of (Y/N)..REALLY fond.

"That's nice to hear."

They now sat in comfortable silence.

But Val just wanted to know a little more

"Does he talk about me...?"

"Oh all the time" Dahlia dismissed this as being a thing all friends do, but Val took this in a different way.

"What does he say?!" Val was basically screaming at this point, but Dahlia just smiled.

"He talks about you and your dog, Lucy, right?"

Val nodded enthusiastically again. "Yeah! He loves Lucy..." Val felt a stab right in his heart (in a good way)

Finally someone loved that terrifying dog as much as he does.

"U-Umm..sure he does." Dahlia sweatdropeped. (Y/N) sure had said some things about Lucy.

"No mom you don't understand! She was so ugly and fat!"

(Y/N) made a round shape with his hands to demonstrate Lucy's fatness.

"And when she barks, God it's horrifying!" (Y/N) shivered remembering the first time he heard Lucy bark.

"Oh my" Dahlia put down her tea, a little astonished at what the boy was saying. "She seems like quite the beast.."

(Y/N) just sighed. "She's worse."

"He loves Lucy a lot." Dahlia couldn't bring herself to tell the truth. Val looked so happy that (Y/N) seemed to even like Lucy.

She'd let the boy have his moment..(Y/N) doesn't seem like the type to mind.