☆ 11

— 11. Gardening Family

(Y/N) was currently shopping for a gift, for Val specifically.

His birthday was close not even 3 weeks away.

But there was a catch, he was here with Val's older sister.

"This would look nice on him!" She was a worse shopper than (Y/N), and that was saying something.

She had good taste but she piled and piled stuff. This must've been what (F/N) felt like that one time...

"Wouldn't it be romantic to get him flowers?" She pointed to the flower shop, which (Y/N) couldn't see due to the stack of gifts in his arms.

"Val likes white roses, but then again regular roses are cute." She stood there thinking.

"Help...me..."

"Hm?" She turned towards (Y/N) and noticed how he was about to basically collapse. "My bad hehe" She grabbed a few bags and boxes. "What do you think?"

(Y/N) let out a sigh of relief feeling the weight being taken off. "I mean..isn't that too early?"

Julianne tilted her head.

"I mean like we're not dating or anything...and getting roses seems very.." (Y/N) looked away blushing at the thought of him giving flowers to Val.

"You have a point... we'll get back to that later!" Julianne started walking towards a different shop.

"Jesus..."

They had shopped for a long time. A long time.

(Y/N) collapsed onto his couch while his mother giving him a worried loom.

"School?"

He shook his head sitting up. She then notcied the bags he left next to the couch.

"Who are those for?"

"A friend"

His mother gasped loudly covering her mouth. "But (F/N)'s birthday is in July? Oh my, did I get it wrong!"

(Y/N) smiled and waved his hands around. "No it's for a different friend haha.." His mother calmed down and nodded.

"I see, I've never met them." His mother was right, which made (Y/N) get a little worried.

(Y/N) had been to Val's house many times before to the point where his mother questioned if (Y/N)'s home life was okay, which it was.

His future boyfriend had never met his mom yet!

"You'll meet him eventually." (Y/N) nodded at his own statement which made his mother laugh. "I look forward to it."

With that many gifts, he was an important friend.

The next day (Y/N) went up to Val and slammed his hands on his desk.

"Come to my house."

It took Val completely off guard and made him jump a bit.

"Sure..?"

(Y/N) nodded and walked to his desk as if that interaction was...normal.

Val stared at (Y/N) who was looking out the window to hide his embarrassed expression.

Today was gonna be a day.

(Y/N) and Val walked in silence. (Y/N) was too focused if he should buy Val flowers or not while Val was too busy thinking about meeting (Y/N)'s mother.

He wanted to leave a good impression, his future mother-in-law should adore her future son-in-law.

Before they knew it, they were in front of his door.

"Ah, we're here.." It was a very small house. Not a big one like Val's (which (Y/N) felt envy towards)

His mother opened the door with a smile on her face.

"Welcome home!" She held a tray of tea in her hands. "There's lunch on the table."

(Y/N) smiled and greeted his mother while Val shook her hand introducing himself. "I've heard so much about you from (Y/N)!"

Which was a complete lie she barely knew about him yesterday

Val smiled. "It's nice to meet you.."

"Just call me Dahlia!"

"Nice to meet you Dahlia." They were already on first name basis! Val internally screamed in excitement.

When Val entered the house (Y/N) was already eating lunch, he really enjoyed his mother's food.

Val smiled sitting on the couch watching (Y/N) enjoy his meal.

(Y/N)'s mother looked at the both of them and felt herself smile. Her son was experiencing his first love.

She then remembered she needed to water her garden. "You boys enjoy yourselves!" She quickly ran outside and put on a jacket.

"She probably forgot to water the garden." (Y/N) spoke with his mouth full of sandwiches.

"Do you enjoy gardening?"

(Y/N) noddled with a smile on his face. "My mom loves gardening so I've grown to love it too." Val smiled looking outside where you could faintly see Dahlia watering her flowers.

"How cute...What's your favorite?"

(Y/N) thought for a second before taking a bite of his sandwich and answering. "I think all are cool, but bleeding hearts are nice."

Val nodded thinking for a second before speaking up as well.

"I like white roses, but red roses are just as beautiful."

That reminded (Y/N) of what Val's sister said and he blushed. "Is something wrong?" Val slightly panicked but (Y/N) quickly shook his head.

"Nothing..."

Val had left hours later and (Y/N) was planting roses.
"I haven't seen you garden in years." His mother smiled watching her son look so determined.

"These are for Val." (Y/N) looked like a lovestruck schoolgirl. "He likes roses.."

"Ah, sweetheart, those are radish seeds."

"Oh.."