S1 || Chapter 7, New Friends.

As Chara and Toriel walked back to the house, passing the streetlights, the shining steel gates. They came by a wooden bench facing towards the beautiful orange sunset. They walked past it, not deciding to sit down. They walked, and walked past houses. And then past a gym.
"Hey Tor! Over here!" From a distance a voice called out. Toriel stopped walking and so did Chara and they both looked in the direction the voice came from. It was.. a shark..? A humanoid shark.. They had long red hair that was in a ponytail, and gills on their cheeks.. but besides that they looked very friendly and they walked outside of the gym to greet Toriel. Their shark tail trailed out from behind them. The shark lady and Toriel looked like they did a secret handshake and then tightly hugged each other. Chara didn't recognize them and tried to observe them a bit more to jog their memory while Tori and the shark lady talked and flexed their muscles. "Who's this squirt you got Tori?" They asked. "Ah! Let me introduce you two!" Toriel had forgotten to introduce them. "Chara, this is Undyne! They moved here a year and a couple months ago after you had.." Toriel paused, surely thinking that they can't just tell Undyne that they disappeared right? "Chara moved in with their Dad! A- A year before you moved here!" Toriel excused.
She must've thought about that on the spot. Chara thought.
"Ah! I see now, where did they move?" Undyne questioned. "Palmoisue! Yup-! They moved to Palmoisue in Kanjoh!" Toriel quickly yelled. Chara was under the impression that Toriel had just thought of a random country and a city. Chara was indeed.. fatherless. Never met their own father. Their mother used to say that he left when they were three but Undyne didn't know that. "Ohh.. Gotcha!" Undyne said in understandment. "Tor do you think you could spare an hour working out with me?" Undyne looked at Toriel grinning. Showing their insanely sharp.. teeth. "Uhh.." Toriel was thinking of an answer for Undyne and turned to Chara. Chara nodded at Toriel in understandment. "Okay.. only for an hour because I gotta take this one home." Toriel sighed. "ALRIGHT!!" Undyne yelled in excitement! "Alphys is waiting in there for me cmon!" Undyne grabbed Toriel's hand and burst through the gym doors. Chara slowly followed them from behind.

They all walked into the gym and saw weights, punching bags, and much more things that Chara wouldn't be able to handle.. Chara felt embarrassed at the fact that they couldn't do the majority of the machines.. There was a bench by the bathrooms with a.. yellow lizard sitting on the bench.? They were fidgeting their hands nervously and tapping their foot on the ground. They looked over to Chara, Toriel and Undyne walking towards them. Their face lit up as they saw Undyne walking towards them. They stood up from the bench and waved at Toriel and Chara. Undyne walked a bit quicker to get to them and stood beside them. Toriel and Chara catch up to Undyne and the mysterious new person. "Chara, meet my girlfriend, Alphys!" Undyne grinned, hugging flustered Alphys. "Hey Alph!" Toriel walked over to Alphys and leaned down to hug them. Alphys patted Toriel's back as they hugged and they peered over Toriel's back to see Chara standing there doing some idle movements looking at the floor. The second Alphys and Chara both made eye contact, Alphys smiled as they waved to Chara. They looked around and fidgeted their hair and silently waved. "Cmon Tori let's go!" Undyne grinned and sprinted over to the ring in the gym and jumped in the air and she was in the ring by the time she landed! It had to have been at least 7 ft tall including the ropes.. Toriel just slowly walked over and stepped on the stairs and hopped in. Chara looked back at Alphys and decided to sit on the bench with her and mumbled, "What are they doing?" Alphys was looking at Toriel and Undyne putting on their boxing gloves and then looked over to Chara, "They're about to box! I could do it- I mean possibly but,, I can't bring myself to." Alphys answered. Chara was quite surprised by their answer and replied, "Maybe one day? One day if you really wanted to." Chara put their hand on her spiky shoulder and smiled.

Alphys chuckled, "I'm more of a sciencey anime person anyways!"

"Science.? Geez I think I failed that subject in school." Chara groaned.