Chapter 6

I walked through the dark halls of the palace, it seemed to be getting darker and colder by the day, and it didn't help that I kept getting visions of kingdoms crumbling and darkness awakening. Codex wasn't doing much lately, just hiding around in the library and doing who knows what. I opened the door to the library, ignoring the fact that Codex kept asking me to leave her once more.

"Look, I'm tired of this, get out of this library and help, you are the queen of the Wisp's, there are rumors going around that you are the one who killed Queen Tide. If you don't start helping this kingdom we'll crumble down with nothing left, or we will choose a new queen to lead us." I growled in a dangerous tone to my queen.

"I am helping your kingdom, your species are rather interesting, I need to know about you to help you, but I guess I've been in here for quite some time, and I agree that it is time to lead your species." Codex muttered, pushing her glasses back up her snout and stood up from where she sat on the floor, surrounded by books about the long history of Wisp's. I followed behind Codex to make sure she wouldn't stay behind and continue reading in the library.

"The hallways seem...colder, get some torches and set them around, it'll brighten up the place." Codex muttered to me. I nodded, walking by my good friend Slush and flicked my tail in the direction of the cavern where there was fire, as they lived in the cold mountains. Slush nodded scurrying away towards the cavern.

"How are the Royals doing?" Codex asked.

"Well... they aren't doing the best as their mother died, Ripple is in denial, Sleet, Avalanche and Boulder are trying to help their father. They stand at your side, but when the time comes, when Sleet is ready to become Queen, you'll have to step down." I replied plainly.

"And I understand that, I know that Sleet is your age, but if you really want your species to thrive we need to prepare her, she isn't ready yet." Codex agreed, walking into the throne room,

"How is Rise doing with everything?" Codex asked me, sitting down on the throne.

"Rise... well she's being Rise, worried about everything and always in a hassle, she has everything under control, her herbs are almost over stocked..." I laughed to myself, finding it funny that Rise was working so hard.

"And the Darklight's?" Codex asked me, looking at me with curious eyes.

"We have scouts hidden all over the Evergreen forest territory, they have seen very little of the Darklight known as Capricorn, but we have been keeping an eye on them. We have also started looking in the forest of vines, we've seen pawprints but we don't know who they were from or how long ago, my guess is it was a long time ago." I finished, seeing a look of terrier buried on Codex's face.

"Did you find anything...interesting...?" She asked me.

"No-"

"Then stop wondering that territory it has no use for us." She cut me off, waving me off to do my usual patrols. I nodded, bowing to my queen quickly and walked out of the throne room, only thinking one thought,

What does she not want us to see...?

(Should I continue writing this? I already have the next book planned out somewhat but if y'all don't like it I'll continue writing the book I just won't post it)