CHAPTER 4

"Mmm..." Mia Agatha grunted.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw a white ceiling. She looked down at her body and she was sitting on a chair with an IV fluid in her left hand.

"Good Morning." A familiar voice greeted her.

She looked around and saw Jehan Mateo sitting beside her, inside a private jet.

Her eyes widened, "Fuck."

She was about to stand up when her waist was pulled back from the chair, chained and feet tied up.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked.

"To my house." He said and continued reading work papers.

Mia's eyes widened, "Korea?"

Jehan gave no response.

"Why?" She asked.

He sighed, "You're the one who said I needed you. You need to be close to me in order to prove that."

"I thought i drowned and died." She replied.

Jehan faced her, "That's why I'm giving you your final chance, Miss Agatha."

Mia stared at him slightly confused. She rested on her chair and sorted out her thoughts.

"Let's make a deal."

Jehan scoffed, "I don't think you're in any position to make a deal right now, Miss Agatha."

"Okay." She looked beside her and saw a sleeping security guard.

She took the chance and instantly grabbed the gun, pointing it on her head making Jehan's eyes widen and other security guards stand up.

"Since I'm not going to gain shit here, I'd rather just die." Mia threatened.

"He must've saved me when i drowned. I'm sure he's just as desperate as I am. He won't let me die." Mia thought.

Jehan smirked, "Interesting."

"I'm a con, Jehan. Not your pet." She glared at him.

He tilted his head, "Not yet."

Mia frowned. He chuckled, "Let's hear your deal. Untie her."

Mia carefully returned the gun to the security guard as they untie her and removed her chains. She composed herself and faced Jehan Mateo.

"I'm going to find the culprit who stole your company's money." She proposed.

"But I have three conditions." She eyed him.

Jehan raised an eyebrow.

"First, you stop looking for Rachel. Second, I get to do the work in my own ways. And third... find my parents." She continued.

Jehan looked at her as if evaluating her. He took a sip of his whisky and thought about it for seconds.

He faced her, "That's going to be a problem."

"What do you mean? It's a win win. You get your money back, i get my life back, we both get to find out who set us up." She answered.

"Yes, but... I'm going to lose you." He said, making Mia furrow her brows in confusion.

"Since you've asked for three conditions, I'm going to ask you only one condition." He offered.

Mia shook her head, "Me being dragged to Korea and away from my country is already your condition, Mr. Mateo."

"We're making a deal, Mia. You've set your terms. Now it's time to set mine. Plus, you're at an advantage here. You're the one who's going to gain something from this. As for me, I only get my money back. I have nothing to gain." He explained.