CHAPTER 13

"THIS is all I got." Rachel said.

Jehan sighed, "Are you fucking kidding me? Check it again."

"I already did that six times—" Rachel said.

"Again." He sounded more authoritative, almost threatening. Rachel can only sigh and do as she was told.

Mia leaned on the sofa watched as the maids carry the baby up the stairs.

"Why don't you just keep it? Her parents are probably missing just as what the computer has been telling us or worse, dead." Mia said, making Jehan eye her.

"Are you crazy? My house is not an orphanage. Also, we're not even related by blood so I have no responsibility or involvement in whatever situation that baby has." He said.

"Wow, heartless. Too scared of parenthood? Baby phobia or something?" Mia chuckled at him mockingly.

Jehan sighed and sat down beside Mia, "The baby is safer without me. You know that already."

"Yeah, but a tiny little baby like that, God knows who or what kind of parents she has. Let's start with the fact that they tried to get rid of her by bringing the baby to your house." She said.

"What do you want me to do? Raise her like my own? In secret? For the rest of her life? Do you know what will happen if the media finds out about that baby? If other organization finds out I'm carrying a fragile thing in my house? That baby is gonna end up like what that gang did to you on your first day here." Jehan eyed Mia.

Mia rolled her eyes, "You think they still haven't found out you have a baby in your house? It didn't even took me 24 hours in this country to get abducted and got mistaken as your woman. Putting the baby outside is already dangerous at this very moment. But I guess you don't have the conscience to keep it for a whi—"

"Conscience? You think conscience is logical for a situation like this?" He furrowed.

"Yes! Wasn't I safer when I moved in with you, rather than staying in that apartment?" She answered back.

"That's a different thing. We made a deal—"

"And that baby didn't so you're disposing her?" She cuts him off.

"Don't fucking word it like that. If you want the baby so much, why don't you take responsibility for it then?!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, I sure will! Since between the two of us, I have the balls to do it! Someone who isn't a female is going to do the masculine work of raising a child because apparently, the male of this household is acting like a bitch!" Mia spat back.

"What the fuck did you just say?!" Jehan stood up.

Mia stood up and pressed her chest on him, "I said what I said you fucking gangster!"

"Oh yeah? After fucking the shit out of you last night, wringing my cock dry, and using my black card to the extent, you're gonna make me take responsibility for a child that isn't mine?! Also, If you think acting like a bitch is finding that baby's real parents then you trying to claim it is funny." He said, making Mia furrow her brows.

Jehan leaned on Mia's face, their noses touching, "You have no money, no place, no connections, no job, no identity, no nothing. The thing about masculinity you were talking about is having the power, dominance, and authority above everything. Unfortunately, Miss Mia Agatha, you don't have that."

"And the one who does can't raise the baby?" Mia raised an eyebrow at him. Her hands on her waist.

Jehan sighed, "I can. But I shouldn't. You know why? Because our names are on the death list at the HQ right now. Or have you forgotten that?"

"Instead of fighting like a divorced couple, I have a plan." Rachel finally butted in. The two crackheads faced her.

"The last time you proposed a plan, I ended up with this guy." Mia pointed at Jehan, making him roll his eyes.

Rachel shook her head, "Last time was theft. This time, we're the ones who's going to give."

"What do you mean?" Jehan asked.

"I have searched far and wide. The highest compatibility of the baby is the Astor Family. From Finland. They currently lost a child last month. The father, Mason Astor, a wine factory owner. Good reputation in business and profitable. The mother, Lindsey Astor, a homemaker, private tutor for piano lessons, she's also a conductor for theatrical choirs. They have one son, Maverick Astor. 12 years old. Studies at Finland Academy of Helsinki." Rachel said, reading on her laptop.

Mia squinted her eyes, "So you're saying, we're giving them the baby?"

"Yes. They've been looking for an orphanage here in South Korea, specifically. But the embassy and some government laws don't allow it. International and foreign adoptive parents." Rachel said.

"And for what reason, specifically?" Mia asked.

"Because sex education system in Korea sucks. Plus, there so many teen parents that wants to sell their kids to families as desperate as this one. It was also written in their data that the nurse who birthed their deceased baby was Korean. They got attached to the race, apparently." She answered.

"Okay, so? What's your plan?" Jehan asked.

Rachel eyed the two of them, "Pretend to be the baby's teen parents."

"I'm sorry, what?" Jehan squinted his eyes. Mia did not move and kept her eyes on Rachel.

"Mia, stop looking at me like you've killed me." Rachel said, making Mia smile.

Mia leaned closer to Rachel's table with a big smile on her face, "You know what I love about you, Rachel? You're full of ideas. You never ran out of plans. But you know what's running out? My patience. So drop that plan and think of another way."

"You know there's no other way for a baby to be safe than giving her another identity and sending her to the other side of the planet." Rachel shrugged her shoulders.

Jehan bit his lower lip, "She's got a point."

Mia eyes him, "You're agreeing to this?!"

"It's the best choice. I can clear my schedule and fly with you to Finland and the baby if I have to. We're running out of time anyway." He said, making Mia shut her eyes close.

"We don't have much time, Mia. You know there's no other way to keep that baby safe." Rachel said.

"How can you know that? We've got one plan and that's the only way?" She spat.

Jehan groaned, "Oh my God, Mia. Just do it. Don't tell me you got attached to the baby? You've only held her twice."

"Fine! Fuck. Rachel will do it. The teen mom." Mia said, making Rachel laugh.

"I need to be behind my computer to help you execute the plan better." She said.

Mia rolled her eyes, "Fuck, alright."

Jehan smirked and snaked his arms on Mia's shoulders, "So a teen mom, huh?"

"Get your hands off, please?" Mia eyed him with disgust.

"Aww! Don't be like that, Mommy." Jehan mockingly said.

Mia had the look of someone who looks like they failed an exam after a thorough review.

Jehan pulled away from her and started laughing, "Now you know what it feels. Don't be late tomorrow, Mommy."

"Fuck you, man."