Chapter5:Long-lost twin

"Alllll.....grrrreat! Not you, Pain!" Envy complained. "What are you doing here?" Pain made a big smile that creeped Envy & the guardians out a little. "I'm here to ruin the guardians, unlike your failer father,Envy." Pain snitched.Envy,Jack thought,that's a pretty name. "What is he talking about,Envy? Your father 'failing to ruin us'?" "Um..... well... you see.... ummmm..." "Her father is evil." Pain filled in. "Thanks for the fill in, Pain in the butt!" Envy bristled. "Wait, your father is evil? Who is he & why didn't you tell us?" "Is it not obvious? She has black hair, light gray skin, & has a sassy attitude." Pain bugged."I do not have a sassy attitude!" Envy exclaimed. Pain just rolled his eyes. The guardians were still confused. "Ugh, she's PITCH BLACK'S DAUGHTER! HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?!" The guardians were jaw dropped. "You... your... Pitch's.... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!" North hollered. The guardians were furious. North & the others drew their weapons. Envy grabed the silver thing on her belt & pulled it off. "What are you going to do with that?" North snickered. "This." Envy hit Pain right on the top of his head with it."Ouch!" he bewailed. "And this!" the silver thing had turned into a black staff with a purple, glowing cristal between the two hooks that formed a crescent with blades on the sides of them. She swung around & whacked Pain as hard as she could & sent him fling across the room. The guardians were in shock of her strength. "Don't you dare mess with them or anyone, you hear me?!" Envy growled. "Gesh, OK, just let me get up. Gosh,lady!" Pain yammered. He slowly got up, but when he walked by Jack, Envy froze & said,"Whoa, stop right there!" Pain froze in terror as if he was going to walk into a trap. "Why do you... look JUST like Jack?" Pain & Jack were confused. Envy walked over there to look at their faces closer. "Maybe not by color wise, but your faces look identical!" Pain & Jack looked at each other. With confused looks, they DID look identical! "How is that possible?" Jack asked. "I only had a sister, not any brother or I might have saw him in my memories." "But," Envy replied,"I knew Pain's win brother & he..." Envy paused & closed her eyes," he's...DEAD.He died in 1713,February 4th." she whispered. "He fell through the ice on a pond in Burgess. I was there when it happen, but never saw him again." She looked to the ground."He saved his sister's life, but it wasn't HIS  fault he fell in..." Envy pointed at Pain,"It was HIS FAULT!!! HE SHOVED HIM BACK ONTO THE ICE SO HE'D FALL IN & DROWN!!!" The guardians looked at Pain. He grinned. "Wait, you said he fell into the pond & drown?" Jack questioned. That memory popped back into his head when that happen, but he didn't see Pain or Envy.But how did she know about this memory? Pain slowly tried to slip away when Envy swung her staff in front of him. "And I forgot to do something," Envy grabbed Pain by the collar & pulled him in front of her where he was inches away from her face. "If you hurt him ever again," she warned in a whisper,"I will END you." She threw Pain on the floor with her eyes full of flames."Now, go before I do." Pain scurried up the floor as a dark lion appeared behind him. He got on the lion & turned to leave. He stopped at the edge of the hole he made in the wall & turned his head back around one more time. Envy's eyes began to fill with tears from the memory that was burnt in her mind. Pain turned back to the hole & flew away on the lion. The guardians didn't hear what she said to Pain & gave a questioning look. "What did you tell him?" Jack asked her. Envy wiped her eyes before turning back around to meet Jack's eyes glaring into her's. "Nothing really, just to leave us alone." she lied. "Oh,OK" he replied. Jack could tell that she wasn't telling the truth & saw that she was heartbroken from that horrid moment so long ago. "Come on in before I forget to do something," North mocked.

North clicked the chains onto Envy's wrist. "And why am I in these?" Envy questioned. "Because," North responded," we can't trust you running around the work-shop freely because of you being the daughter of Pitch Black & still being powerful." Envy looked down at the chains with anger. As soon as North left the room, Envy began to pull on the chains jumping up & down like crazy! Jack looked at Envy & said,"Can you PLEASE stop! You look like your having a seizure!" Envy stopped to look at him. "But they're annoying! They hurt my wrist!" Jack walked up to her to grab her, but as Envy tried to kick him, she pulled on the chains that were on her ankles & she flipped backward almost hitting her head on the window self. Jack laughed so hard he almost fell over himself! "Oh my gosh, Envy!" he roared, "your goin'a knock your self out, again!"  Envy looked up at Jack with an embarrassed look & also kind'a giggled."Quit laughing! It's not that funny!" "Well,then why are you laughing!" Jack replied still laughing. "Well, because your laughing & that makes me want to laugh,too!" They both finally calmed after a few more minutes.

It became late very quickly & Jack fell asleep on the small couch near the globe. Envy faked fell asleep & after the room was clear, she slowly opened the window. The clear night sky shined with billions of tiny stars & a soft wind blew her hair. She looked up to the bright moon as it formed into the first quarter.  "Man in the Moon," she begun,"why did you summion me to help them? You know that I'm more evil than good,so why?" The moon didn't change. "Please,tell me. I'm all,like too weird to be here helping them fight Pain & if they defeated my father,why do they need me?" The moon stayed the same. "Fine,be that way." Envy closed the window & as she turned around she saw Jack wide awake looking at her. Envy jumped at the sight of him before whispering,"Wha... Jack! What are you doing up?" "The man in the Moon summioned you to help us?" he asked. He had heard the whole conversation! "Well, yeah." Envy murmured. "It's OK, I won't tell the others, I promise." "Thanks,Jack!" Envy repiled."Now, go back to sleep." As Envy laid her head dwn on the hard ground Jack asked,"First,tell me what you know about the past.Then I'll go to sleep." Envy sat back up & looked at Jack. "Fine, I'll start from when I first met you." Jack sat up to listen & moved closer. Envy stood up & Jack followed her out onto the balcony as Envy pulled out a black ball & threw it on the ground. A black screen showed up with a memory of Envy ice-skateing on the pond in Burgess. Jack looked closer befor he saw a blurry figure in the distance. It was him!