𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝓿𝓲.

𝕷𝙀𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 against a pillar anxiously, Nirvana watched Xavier pull back his bow smoothly as he aimed for the circle of the target

𝕷𝙀𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 against a pillar anxiously, Nirvana watched Xavier pull back his bow smoothly as he aimed for the circle of the target. She knew she needed to stop staring, but for some reason, she couldn't find herself to do that.

Nirvana was supposed to be getting intel on Rowan's behaviour before the incident in the woods, but all of a sudden it's hard to just go over there and have a conversation.

Wednesday's words keep replaying in her head and it was psyching her out. She was wrong, he was just her friend. I can do this, don't overthink it.

Walking over to the archery field, Nirvana crossed her arms casually as she came up next to Xavier to watch him practice.

He doesn't notice her at first, focusing on the target and missing an arrow fluidly. It landed on the target with a thump, but his aim certainly wasn't the best.

"I didn't think you'd want to talk to me after Saturday?" He lowered his bow once he noticed her, taking in her appearance with a concerned look.

Nirvana glowered at him. "I didn't plan to," she responded with clenched teeth. He chuckled dryly, stretching his bow and missing the target again.

"Did Rowan seem weird to you when he left?" Nirvana tried to ask him casually. He raised an eyebrow at her, before signing and lowering his bow to get a better look at her. "Rowan's always been a little off, but the last few weeks he's been more erratic. Telekinesis can mess with your head you know. He'd been starting to freak me out." He admitted honestly, and she frowned as she remembered their conversation when he told her that Rowan threw him up against the wall.

They stood in silence for a couple of moments, both in their thoughts before Xavier picked up another arrow and started fiddling with it.

"So what's the deal between you and Wednesday?" He asked casually, and she looked up at him with a confused look.

"Oh I'm sorry, we're you the only one got to ask non-archery questions here?" He taunted slightly with a teasing smile on his lips.

Nirvana rolled her eyes again at him. "We're friends... I think so, she's hard to read," she responded, glowering at him. He chuckled, aiming for the target and missing it once again. "You're terrible at this," she muttered, crossing her arms.

"Oh yeah?" he asked, this time the arrow almost hitting the bullseye. He lowered his bow a mocking smile on his lips as he raised his eyebrows. "Why do you  care if Wednesday and I are friends?" She asked him, arching an eyebrow and crossing her arms.

"I don't know... it just kinda felt like you two were a thing when you blew me off and ran after her without question," he admitted after a moment, aiming another arrow at the target to avoid looking at her.

Nirvana's eyebrows furrow together at his words until they fully sink in. "Oh my god, are you jealous?" She asked with a giggle, grinning confidently, as she watched him squirm and try to deny it.