𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝔁𝓲𝓿.

𝔑IRVANA faced Ajax as they both pulled down their protective masks

𝔑IRVANA faced Ajax as they both pulled down their protective masks. "En garde," their fencing Coach said, clasping his hands behind his back as the rest of the fencers stopped their matches to watch.

They got in position, and Nirvana waited for Ajax to strike first. When he did, she took a step back, one hand behind her back as he took a step forward and she deflected his hit once again. 

They continued like that, and Nirvana thought it looked almost like a dance. She knew his steps, and he knew hers, it was just a matter of time before someone struck the first point.

She deflected another strike. He pushed her to the far back of the mat, and she bent down, her blade hitting Ajax's helmet. She smirked through her helmet, and she could almost see him rolling her eyes at her. "Point, Nirvana," Coach called.

They got in positions again, doing the same dance as before, though this time Nirvana was attacking and Ajax was blocking. He struck his first point at her chest, and she glared at him, even though he couldn't see it.

"It's a tie," Coach called.

Nirvana got in position, determined to win her round. Ajax got bolder, striking hit after hit, and Nirvana successfully blocked them. His shoes reached the back of the mat, and he got distracted by it, making Nirvana strike her winning point.

Some fencers cheered for her while others booed. She ignored them as she left for the locker room to change back into her uniform.

She unlocked her locker, wearing her clothes before dumping her fencing equipment on her gym bag. She left the changing rooms shortly after, putting her headphones in and blasting a Neighbourhood song on maximum volume.

She reached Latin class, a minute after the bell rang, sitting at the far back of the class next to Ajax. "I beat your ass at fencing," she said as she pulled her headphones from her ears. He rolled her eyes, waving her off.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," he waved his hands in the air as their Latin teacher, Mr Albert Frÿg |pronounced F-rai-g|, a german vampire from the Renaissance era, stepped into the room. "Now, now, children, quiet down," even after so many years of living, his german accent was still thick.

"Have you done the homework?" She asked Ajax as  Frÿg checked their homework. "Nah," he shook his head. Of course, he didn't, he was busy getting high with Xavier and the rest of the gorgons.

"Hey, uh, what happened, between you and Xave?" he whispered. "Nothing," she muttered, opening her Latin notebook and changing the date from an old assignment to the current one. "Yeah, and I'm a fucking mermaid," he rolled his eyes.

Frÿg checked Nirvana's homework, nodding approvingly as tusking as he saw Ajax's uncompleted homework. She turned to smirk at him teasingly once their teacher moved to the next desk.

"Shut up," he rolled his eyes again, pushing her shoulder. She chuckled, taking out her sketchbook and hiding it underneath her book as she flipped it to an uncompleted page. She started sketching, flooding the pages with greys.