𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝔁𝓿𝓲𝓲.

𝕹𝙄𝙍𝙑𝘼𝙉𝘼 checked on every corner to make sure that there was no one at the Nightshade library except for her

𝕹𝙄𝙍𝙑𝘼𝙉𝘼 checked on every corner to make sure that there was no one at the Nightshade library except for her. Search for clues, her father had said. And that's what she was doing. She cloaked herself, trying to not make any noise.

Was she snooping around a library for clues an hour before the dance? Maybe. Was she going to be late? Possibly.

She checked a cabinet beneath her parent's portrait. Thankfully, it was not locked, as she searched around. There. A small notebook, almost like a diary was hidden at the far back. She scraped away the dust, blowing the excess of it off. 

Property of Beatrix Goode.

She cursed under her breath before she tried opening it. Locked. Of course, it was. Her mother was a witch. Her bloodline ageing back to Salem. It must've been locked with a blood spell.

She sighed, taking out her pocket knife and inhaling a sharp breath. She sliced open her palm, letting the crimson liquid drip to the old diary. It unlocked, and Nirvana tried finding a piece of cloth to wrap around it.

She found a clean white cloth, wrapped it around her hand and secured it before reading over the pages of the notebook.

Some of it was a diary, writing down her experiences at the school, while some were notes she'd written. Different plants and outcasts were written down, some of them Nirvana not having heard of.

She gasped as she flipped to the next page. An exact drawing of the monster that had killed Rowan was gaping back at her. Hydes, it read. A Hyde is a person who turns into a monster through hypnosis or drugs. In its normal form, it is mostly harmless but transforms into a terrifying creature. 

A Hyde has a master, the only one that can control it. There has been shown evidence that suggests that a Hyde isn't conscious while in its monster form and will have no recollection of the things it's done unless allowed to do so by its master.

Nirvana's phone vibrated, and she picked it up almost immediately. She had to tell Wednesday. "Hello?"

"Hi, babe," Kent's voice rang through her ear. She cringed at the nickname. Winks of her and Xavier's kiss flashed through her mind, and her cheeks heated up at just the thought. She had kissed Xavier fucking Thorpe.

"Hi," she greeted as sweetly as she could.

"The dance is about to start. Where are you?" She flinched, forgetting about the dance completely. "Oh, uh, I was just outside for a smoke and forgot about it, be there in a sec," she said, clutching the diary underneath her arm as she sprung to her dorm.

She hid it under a wooden plank in the floorboard before meeting up with Kent. He offered her his arm and a smile. She took it gladly, forcing a sickening smile to grow on her face.

Thornhill greeted them at the entrance, and she offered her another forced grin. Thornhill complemented them and they nodded in thank you. 

"You want to sit down? I'll grab us drinks," Kent offered, making her smile. Did she feel bad about kissing another guy and yet still going to the Rave'N with him? Yes. Did she want to go with that other guy at the Rave'N instead of Kent? Maybe.

Nirvana recognised the song that played almost immediately as she took a seat. The Beginning by Magdalena. She had the faintest memory of her dad making her dance with him to that song. A sad smile hosted over her lips at the memory.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked over her shoulder. She could recognise that voice anywhere. She turned to look at Xavier who took a seat next to her. "Where's your date?" He asked, making her narrow her eyes at him.

"Where's yours?" She glared. He scoffed shaking his head. "Are we back into hating each other? Yesterday we —" She held up a finger, making him close his mouth. "I know. I don't want to talk about it here."

"Why?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. "You're with Bianca, and I'm with Kent," she whispered, and he could barely hear her over the loud music.

He nodded, his eyes glazing over with pain. "I'm sorry," she muttered, just as Kent came back with the drinks.

"Hey, man," He greeted happily, placing the blue punch on the table. Xavier nodded his head at him just as Bianca sat down on the empty chair next to her date.

"Is everything alright?" Kent asked Nirvana concerned. "Yeah," she replied shortly, picking at her black-painted nails. She quickly grabbed her drink, wishing on everything that it was spiked. It wasn't.

Kent started a conversation with her, but she kept her replies short, only half listening. She heard Bianca ask Xavier about his certain mood change.

"She's not here, we are," Bianca tried to comfort him. Anger rose in Nirvana's veins, and her fingers clenched into a fist, her nails leaving little crescent shapes on the base of her palm.

It was just a kiss.

"Yo, look at Addams," someone called, and they all snapped their heads in the entrance's direction. "Like a death head's moth," Bianca commented with a frown, making Nirvana glare at her and stand up.

Kent held her back as Xavier's pained eyes stared on Wednesday. Of course, he fucking liked her. Was she just a second option? If he couldn't have Wednesday he'd go for Nirvana? Fuck that shit. Fuck him.

Nirvana took Kent's hand in her own, dragging him toward the dance floor. Goo Goo Muck by the Cramps started playing.

"What happened to your hand?" He asked her over the loud music. She quickly thought of an excuse. "I burnt it accidentally while lighting my cigarette. Nothing too serious," she shrugged him off quickly, and he nodded, caressing her wounded palm affectionately.

Nirvana wished it could give her the butterflies that she got when Xavier touched her. But there was an empty void in her stomach at his touch. She smiled a little, forcing herself to blush and not make it too obvious.

Nirvana danced along to the song, smiling faintly at Wednesday's beautiful moves. They reminded her of her mother. Her dad had shown her tapes of them back at their Rave'N, her mother dancing quite similarly to Wednesday.

Nirvana chuckled as Kent did a dolphin dance move. He offered her a grin, making her smile genuinely at him for once. Maybe Kent wasn't so bad after all.

She sat down on an empty chair, chuckling as Kent continued dancing. She hissed, taking off her doc martens. She ignored the presence that was burning holes through her back as she rubbed her sore feet. Thank god she didn't wear high heels.

"Are you ready to go back to the dancing?" Kent asked her, smiling at her brightly. She beamed, nodding her head in excitement. Who knew going to a stupid high school dance would've been so much fun?

Maybe if she'd gone with someone else she'd enjoyed it more, she thought sadly. She scraped away those thoughts. She was with Kent. She liked Kent.

He took her hand in his, leading her back to the dance floor. She felt something trickle down her cheek. She thought nothing of it, but then a crimson liquid fell on Kent's head. And then another. And another.

She smiled a little at the chaos that formed after. The floor was filled with a crimson liquid Nirvana only could guess was paint from the scent of it. She chuckled slightly at Kent when he tripped on the floor.

She saw Wednesday smile and started walking up to her. She tried putting her blood-stained finger in her mouth, but Nirvana lowered it down before she could. "It's only paint," she explained, making the brunette frown.

"They couldn't even get real pig's blood," she growled at Tyler who looked terrified. Nirvana greeted him with a slight wave of her hand, making him grin at her. "It's only paint," the pig-tailed girl clarified for the boy with a frown.

"What's wrong?" Nirvana asked, seeing Wednesday's eyes glisten over as she turned cold. After a moment, Wednesday looked at the girl, and it was the first time Nirvana ever saw true fear in the goth's eyes.

"It's Eugene."