𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲.

𝖃𝘼𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙍 sat in his chair, waiting patiently for his turn

𝖃𝘼𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙍 sat in his chair, waiting patiently for his turn. Nirvana placed her paintbrush on the table as she finished Ajax's makeup. "I can't believe you're making me do this," she muttered as she sat on her stool opposite Xavier.

He grinned at her teasingly as she glared at him while dipping the paintbrush in white face paint. "Continue doing that and I'll draw an irreversible dick on your face," she threatened as she started painting his face.

She'd informed him last minute about her participation in the Poe Cup. "Is this the time you tell me that you chewed off your own foot?" He'd asked her, earning a glare from her.

He chuckled at the face she made as she painted his face white. She was close. Xavier would never admit how he felt butterflies swarm in his stomach at her closeness, or how his breath seemed to hitch when she gave him one of her rare smiles.

"Stop moving, you dumbass," she told him, snapping him out of his thoughts. She dipped the paintbrush in water, getting the black paint ready. "Smartass," he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up."

"Yes ma'am."

Nirvana started painting around his eyelids with the black paint, as his eyes switched between her eyes and her lips. He hadn't realized he'd leaned closer before she pushed him back a little with her index finger.

He was still closer than intended, he noticed. She stuck out her tongue a little as she concentrated on his face. Her gaze switched between her canvas -his face- and his lips, and if he blinked he would've missed it.

She applied bright red lipstick on her thumbs, touching his lips and smearing it into a joker smile. He enjoyed how her finger remained on his bottom lip before smudging it.

She gave him a mirror, getting up from her stool and averting his gaze. It had been a little awkward, to say the least, between the two teens after her confession about her parents. He hadn't tried to push her.

"I better get going now or Enid will wolf out on me," she said, wiping her hands clean with a wet towel.

He also got up following after her as he pulled the flaps of the tent for her to exit. "I'll see you at the boats," he offered her a smile, which she glared at. At least that hadn't changed. "Good luck," he bumped her shoulder teasingly.

"I will not hesitate to strangle you if you ever say anything like that again," she said ominously. "Can you even reach my neck?" he teased her, smirking mockingly at her. She glared at him, making him chuckle.

"Alright, good lu-" she cut him off with a raise of her finger. "I don't need luck. Luck is for stupid people," she explained, turning her back to leave.

"Oh, Xavier," she turned around one last time. "Good luck," she grinned at him teasingly as he chuckled at her antics.

As Nirvana made her way toward Enid and Wednesday, a certain siren caught her eye as she started heading in her direction.