▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

⌜ ⌝

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE 

⌞ ⌟

⌞                                                ⌟

ARTEMIS was watching the sun set. After what Bo-Katan had told her, Artemis' had excused herself, wanting to process what the female Mandalorian had told her. Or more importantly, what she hadn't told her.

"Can I join you?"

Artemis looked up to see Bo-Katan standing next to her. She had been so deep in her thoughts, that she hadn't felt her nearing.

Artemis did not reply but simply moved to the side, allowing Bo-Katan to sit next to her.

"I'm sorry."

Artemis glanced at her friend. "For what?"

Bo-Katan shrugged. "For not telling you sooner, for lying, I don't know."

"It was not your secret to tell," Artemis said simply. "I do not blame you, nor anyone else. In fact, it doesn't matter who my mother is."

Bo-Karan frowned. "It matters. You are her legacy."

"It matters not to me," Artemis quietly said, her green eyes stating lifelessly in front of her. "I am but a Jedi. Nothing more. Nothing less. I am certainly no duchess."

"It matters," Bo-Katan stated again. "Mandalore needs you. I need you."

"You want me to save an entire planet?" Artemis questioned. "I don't want to be the pessimist here, but that is near to impossible."

"We could do it," Bo-Katan stated, gazing out to the sunset. "You and me."

"I think you're overestimating us."

"Or maybe you're underestimating us."

Artemis let out a chuckle and Bo-Katan cracked up as well.

"You know, if you ever come to need it, or if you simply want it, my name is yours," Bo-Katan said quietly. Then she smiled. "I am not the last of my line."

"That might be a bit too much for one day," Artemis said, sighing.

A silence fell upon the two of them.

"Do you think of her?" Artemis questioned Bo-Katan. She didn't need to specify. They both knew who she meant.

Bo-Karan's looked grim. "Sometimes."

"Me too," Artemis murmured. She paused. "What are you really doing here, Bo-Katan?"

"I've already told you. We're here to seize weapons that have been bought and sold with the plunders of our planet," Bo-Katan said. "We're seizing those weapons and using them to retake our home world. Once we've done that, we'll seat a new Mandalore on the throne." She paused before confessing. "I need your help on our mission."